coit

Persecuted for his beliefs
Sat, Oct 15 vs Ga Southern
---------------------------------
Last game: Pitt
Next game: Duke
---------------------------------

Orlando Sentinel Pre-Season Ranking: 56

New coach, losing significant talent on both sides of the ball, no problem. The Sentinel believes this Ga Southern team is better than we are, and better than a significant number of P5 teams. Last year's season was memorable in that they lost to the other GSU in the state. Well done, fellas.

Maybe our Southern members can crawl out from under their rocks and give us a run-down of just why this year's Eagles team is set to excel? They have 2 returning QBs I see. Maybe one of them will be a good fit for the coach's new high flying offense?

Last edited:
This could be a dangerous matchup, seven games into the season and nursing whatever injuries come along the way. Hopefully, the team won't be looking ahead to the bye week which follows. The Georgia Southern defensive secondary will probably be their Achilles heel, but Tech has not been well-positioned to exploit that recently. This will be a big opportunity for the WRs to make some plays.

This could be a dangerous matchup, seven games into the season and nursing whatever injuries come along the way. Hopefully, the team won't be looking ahead to the bye week which follows. The Georgia Southern defensive secondary will probably be their Achilles heel, but Tech has not been well-positioned to exploit that recently. This will be a big opportunity for the WRs to make some plays.

Your thoughts are the reason I said 80%. Timing of this game. Without that I'd say 90%.

It shouldn't be the case, but hard to get up for every game. Have to find something to push through during a season. We have three state schools gunning for us. Don't leave something in the tank with the timing of this game.

Your thoughts are the reason I said 80%. Timing of this game. Without that I'd say 90%.

It shouldn't be the case, but hard to get up for every game. Have to find something to push through during a season. We have three state schools gunning for us. Don't leave something in the tank with the timing of this game.

Plus this will be a huge game for them from a pride perspective. Could be a dangerous combination. I also went with 80%.

It just depends on which Georgia Southern shows up. The one that took us and Georgia to nearly overtime and beat Florida... or the one that loses in a blowout to Georgia State.

It just depends on which Georgia Southern shows up. The one that took us and Georgia to nearly overtime and beat Florida... or the one that loses in a blowout to Georgia State.
Southern isn't as good as they were. We roll.

We lost significant talent on both sides of the ball? Not really. We lost three key defensive players. Offense has plenty of weapons and our front seven on D should be stout. Both D tackles are 310+. Honestly, with new coaches, we really don't know how good we will be at this point. I expect us to struggle throwing the ball, as well as covering the pass (we always have). With this being said, I hope we win, but want Tech to win all of their other games.

Tech by 20
Pain.jpg

Hate to say it, but THAT GaSouthern will show up. Bank on that. (I did vote .9 in the poll.) When they play Tech or Georgia, they leave it all on the field while Tech or Georgia just kind of coasts.

Last year they weren't so great but took UGA to overtime. UGA was mediocre, but... no way this should happen. UGA was sleepwalking, GSU's hair was on fire. The previous year, against GT, almost the same thing (though Tech had a huge lead at halftime and I think phoned it in after that).

I'm not a fan of those guys because their fans are insecure and tiresome and annoying. Ultimate Little Brother syndrome. Always believe they don't get enough respect. And when our games with them are breathers for us, for them The Biggest Day of Their Lives. Several years back one of their players who was on a national championship 1-AA team was asked, on their board, what was a bigger deal--winning the national championship or playing in Sanford Stadium. He said the latter. I couldn't believe it, but that's how they look at it. (At this point they hadn't played in Atlanta but I'm sure it's the same deal.) GT wins this year, but prepare the usual annoyance of their fans.

Southern will have some speed on O. But ... though it's going to be a big crowd for the Eagles, it is their third straight road game. And I'm not hearing a lot of good things about the new coach.

Southern will have some speed on O. But ... though it's going to be a big crowd for the Eagles, it is their third straight road game. And I'm not hearing a lot of good things about the new coach.

What's the bad rumblings about CTS?

Back