coit

Persecuted for his beliefs
Sat, Oct 8 @ Pitt - TBD PM ET
---------------------------------
Last game: Miami
Next game: Ga Southern
---------------------------------

Orlando Sentinel Pre-Season Ranking: 29

What to say about Pitt? Won a lot of close games, lost a few close games in 2015, leaving them with an 8-5 record, 6-2 in the ACC. Returning a decent QB and possibly the best RB in the ACC in James Conner. They are, however, losing a solid WR target.

In all, 8 returning starters on offense and 8 on a defense that got destroyed by Navy in their bowl game.

They play Marshall the week before, so that will likely give them the luxury of some extra prep time.

Last edited:
I actually meant to vote .5, whoops. It looks like we're practically evenly matched with them. May come down to a last minute field goal (Hopefully with us on the right side this time).

If James Conner can return to the level of play he had before knee surgery and Hodgkins chemotherapy, the Pitt offense could be good, but the loss of Tyler Boyd will still be a big factor. Pitt might have reached their high water mark last year. Tech lost a close one to them last season despite all the hardships from injuries and inexperience, so I think we should win, even though it's at Pitt.

Probably another loss for us. We'll be doing well to be 3-3 after the Pitt game.

So long as they fumble on their first five possessions and their kicker doesn't hit a school record 56-yard field goal, I'm confident.

He certainly made some profound halftime adjustments last year.

It looks like neither team did much in the 2nd half of that game. Tech had 482 total yds (376 rushing) to Pitt's 391 total. Tech had a FG attempt blocked at the end of the first half. Each team had about 100 yds of offense in the second half, so maybe both teams made halftime adjustments defensively. It's hard to say if Narduzzi turned things around or if we just got tired and sloppy.

We sucked in the 2nd half of every game last year. The third quarter was a remarkable öööö show in almost every game. Third quarters in 2014 is where we usually took opponents be the woodshed. It's hard to believe CPJ out coached everyone in 2014 and then was out schemed in every game one year later... unless you are a CPJ hater.

We sucked in the 2nd half of every game last year. The third quarter was a remarkable öööö show in almost every game. Third quarters in 2014 is where we usually took opponents be the woodshed. It's hard to believe CPJ out coached everyone in 2014 and then was out schemed in every game one year later... unless you are a CPJ hater.

Probably a lot to do with injuries & having to play younger guys. I can see it now - "I know Coach Johnson told us to do [adjustment], but the stuff we did in the first half worked so well, so I'm going to keep doing that because I'm 18 and a true freshman and know everything!"

They do have 15 starters return even w/o Boyd and are playing at home.Right now looks rough.

Pitt gonna be wearing some throwbacks for us.

Is that the right shade of gold?

Doesn't look like it, although I do seem to recall them wearing that brighter color yellow at some point in the past 40 years.

MP10000069441_P255075_500X500.jpg

They probably don't have the kind of anally-retentive fanbase that would give a öööö about it!

Back