POLL: What is the probability we beat Pittsburgh in 2018?

What is the probability we beat Pittsburgh in 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Sat, Sept 15 @ Pitt - 12:30 PM ET

---------------------------------
Last game: South Florida
Next game: Clemson
---------------------------------

ESPN Pre-Season FPI: 55
GT / Pitt FPI Differential: +6.5

Pitt is coming off a 5-7 season in 2017, and they are looking at a fairly difficult schedule in 2018. They will likely be underdogs in all but a couple of their games, and Narduzzi is looking like their Chan Gailey with an average record of 7 wins per season. Their 2017 season saw them lose both Nate Peterman and James Connor while breaking in a new OC, so it was not surpring that they struggled.

They have also had some big time wins in the past few years, knocking off both Penn State and CLEMSON in 2016 and and a 10-0 Miami squad last year.

We will have Clemson coming up the following week, so hopefully we don't allow a second straight early season road game and looking ahead to the next game to bite us in the buttocks.

Last edited:
Road games are always a challenge, but Pitt hosts Penn State in prime time the week before us, so it might be hard for them to get fully energized two weeks in a row. This ACC opener might be a good litmus test for how our season will go, being a winnable division contest and our new defense having some game experience.

How can anyone feel very confident about any road game?

We’ve two true road games over the past three seasons. That ain’t good.

We have two uga road wins in the past 4 seasons, I feel pretty confident about that.

At least more than I do at Bobby Dodd.

I truly believe that if we beat usf and pitt going into that clemson game this could be a special season

How can anyone feel very confident about any road game?

We’ve won two true road games over the past three seasons. That ain’t good.

At least it's not Thursday. When's the last time we've won a Thursday night game? Clemson 2011?

That stank grass they got on hienz might mellow our chances somewhat.

I think if we put a few field goals between the sticks, it'll stem that effect. It's difficult to harsh my budding optimism, at this point. I think we're going to a good bowl, and a win over Pitt was just the spark we needed for that, last time. Let's make this a chronic thing.

I think if we put a few field goals between the sticks, it'll stem that effect. It's difficult to harsh my budding optimism, at this point. I think we're going to a good bowl, and a win over Pitt was just the spark we needed for that, last time. Let's make this a chronic thing.
Well you are getting right to the point; actually quite blunt.

A few kind cut blocks and some well-timed hits should allow us to blow down the field and as long as we keep the rock between the hash marks, we should finish on the high end of the score.

Well you are getting right to the point; actually quite blunt.

I was quite hazy on the subject until a little while ago, but sometimes the future just draws really well right before your eyes. All I've got in my head now is a Buzz dancing in the end zone.

A few kind cut blocks and some well-timed hits should allow us to blow down the field and as long as we keep the rock between the hash marks, we should finish on the high end of the score.

Exactly. Our advantage is really baked into our run game. We've got a bunch of mean fattys on the OL who are going to make it a hot box for any number of defenders Narduzzi wants to send. And hell, Woody's new defense might just stone them going the other way, too. I'm stoked.

I was quite hazy on the subject until a little while ago, but sometimes the future just draws really well right before your eyes. All I've got in my head now is a Buzz dancing in the end zone.
A joint effort by our players, even just an ounce or two, should have us celebrating in the green end zone grass.

I'm just glad we have OT now. Games can't end in a Thai - Stick it to 'em, Jackets!

Back