POLL: What is the probability we beat Temple in 2019?

What is the probability we beat Temple in 2019?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Sat, Sept 28 @ Temple - TBD ET
---------------------------------
Last game: Citadel
Next game: North Carolina
---------------------------------

ESPN Pre-Season FPI Rank: 76
FPI Differential: -1.4
Win Probability: 40%

Ironically, Temple is breaking in a new coaching staff this fall just as we are. Not only that, but they lost their first choice in a replacment that decided to Cremins them and head off to Miami. One has to wonder just how much juice the Owls will have in the tank at this point. This is a key road game heading into the bulk of our ACC schedule.

Last edited:
A lot of people have told me not to sleep on Temple, but I think losing Collins, Patenaude, and Thacker will hurt them much worse than us learning a new system.

One has to wonder just how much juice the Owls will have in the tank at this point.

Not much juice left for the Owls, but they have more returning experience than we do. Our coaching staff will know their tendencies and weaknesses. We will need to channel our inner Rocky Balboa in Philly.

iu

The previous Temple coaching staff recruited much better than Paul Johnson did. So Temple has better players, just like Minnesota.

I am probably not going above 0.7 for any game save Citadel, but there is no reason we shouldn't beat them with 3 games under our belts to work out the kinks in the offense. The only x-factors are a road game up north against an opponent with extra motivation.

I am probably not going above 0.7 for any game save Citadel, but there is no reason we shouldn't beat them with 3 games under our belts to work out the kinks in the offense. The only x-factors are a road game up north against an opponent with extra motivation.
Turnovers could be a factor. Success begins on the line of scrimmage. :hsdance:

New Orleans was a hella fun road trip. Tech crushed them in a brand new stadium then I got hammered on Bourbon Street.

Philly might not be bad, especially given the Collins story line.

UConn is a joke though. No way that should have happened.

Yeah, any road game against a non-P5 team should be in a reasonably fun city, not Storrs, Connecticut.

New Orleans was a hella fun road trip. Tech crushed them in a brand new stadium then I got hammered on Bourbon Street.

Philly might not be bad, especially given the Collins story line.

UConn is a joke though. No way that should have happened.

Tulane was great. Pregaming on Bourbon St was a blast. The stadium was hot af, but that seems like a good, safe OOC game. I hope that is a team we’d start playing regularly.

Tulane was great. Pregaming on Bourbon St was a blast. The stadium was hot af, but that seems like a good, safe OOC game. I hope that is a team we’d start playing regularly.

We devalue our program by playing games like this on the road.

You can always go to N.O. and get hammered, but as regards a football game I would rather do it by playing in the Sugar Bowl than “helping” tulane open their new stadium.

We “helped” uconn by opening their new stadium as well.

Maybe we should think about helping ourselves. How many recruits are impressed by playing away games at tulane, temple and uconn?

ugag has played temple bunch of times - guess how many there?

We could lose to temple up there. Not trying to disrespect them. But if we win how many here are going to whine about lack of coverage in our own market?

“It will help recruiting in that market”. Bull crap. Some 4*, say a year or two from now, is going to think “gosh, I really need to consider GT - they played at temple 2 years ago.” Hope we are way past this stupid philosophy.

The previous Temple coaching staff recruited much better than Paul Johnson did. So Temple has better players, just like Minnesota.

Not sure I understand the dislikes to this post.

Are those folks saying CPJ recruited better than Minnesota? Then it must have been coaching that got us hammered?

We devalue our program by playing games like this on the road.

You can always go to N.O. and get hammered, but as regards a football game I would rather do it by playing in the Sugar Bowl than “helping” tulane open their new stadium.

We “helped” uconn by opening their new stadium as well.

Maybe we should think about helping ourselves. How many recruits are impressed by playing away games at tulane, temple and uconn?

ugag has played temple bunch of times - guess how many there?

We could lose to temple up there. Not trying to disrespect them. But if we win how many here are going to whine about lack of coverage in our own market?

“It will help recruiting in that market”. Bull crap. Some 4*, say a year or two from now, is going to think “gosh, I really need to consider GT - they played at temple 2 years ago.” Hope we are way past this stupid philosophy.

Getting a 2 for 1 isn't a bad deal. I'd rather do that than to pay big money to bring in New Mexico State for slaughter in front of 40,000 unenthusiastic fans. Do you think recruits are creaming their pants of these sorts of cupcake games? And by the way, we don't have the money to pay these schools to come in for these un-returned games so it isn't even an option for us. Get the money rolling in and maybe it becomes an option, but until then, bring on Bourbon St.

maybe now that we don't have the option some mid-tier P5 schools will be more willing to schedule us. We were a potential nightmare for an opposing AD in the CPJ era. Teams hated losing to us and coaches got fired for it.

Temple on the road will be tough because they are gonna be fired up to show old coach.

Not sure I understand the dislikes to this post.

Are those folks saying CPJ recruited better than Minnesota? Then it must have been coaching that got us hammered?

Why is it difficult to understand? This is a Tech forum and most of us aren't interested in kowtowing to the dwag troll.

maybe now that we don't have the option some mid-tier P5 schools will be more willing to schedule us. We were a potential nightmare for an opposing AD in the CPJ era. Teams hated losing to us and coaches got fired for it.

We are about to be a much more traumatic nightmare for those AD's.

Back