POLL: What is the probability we beat Tennessee in 2017?

What is the probability we beat Tennessee in 2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Mon, Sept 4 vs Tennessee - 8 PM ET

---------------------------------
Next game: Jax State
---------------------------------

ESPN Pre-Season FPI: 19
GT / UT FPI Differential: +6.5

Ok, time for the season's probability polls for 2017!

Last year was a good one, and things are looking bright for this year as well.

First up, a Monday night game at the Benz against yet another SEC-E team. Butch Jones has seemingly been in a constant state of turmoil for quite some time now, and with all he had to replace this year, looks like his days could be numbered.

I'll be putting these out every few days so we can get them all in before the first game. Each poll will be open for 5 days. You will be able to change your vote up to the end of that 5 days. And your vote will be public.

Like last year, I will track everyone's performance through that picks every game, so be sure and vote in every poll.

Last edited:
.3. I don't like having a big game as the first game of the season, it usually takes us a game or two to get into the swing of the offense.

I could see them being anywhere from a 5 win to a 9 win team. They lost more than we did off of a team we would have beaten last year. But their DL is pretty stacked and ours is a question mark.

For me it comes down to if we're moving the ball on our first drive we'll win comfortably. If they stifle us on the first drive it'll either be a toss up or they'll win comfortably. If MJ (or whoever is at QB) moves the ball on their all-offseason-to-prepare-ganeplan right off the bat there will be no catching up to CPJ.

They got straight shredded by spread offenses last year. Even VT gashed them (and then turned the ball over 5/6 times) despite the blowout loss.

I voted 50% though. Until I see MJ be able to throw competently/consistently I have this image in my head of teams run blitzing both safeties and us not being able to make them pay.

I am fine with casting a .7 vote. I believe this team has good overall talent and somehow believe they will get the job done against the Vols. With the Austins, Gray and Griffin in the secondary I believe we will get two picks at least.

Shoop, the Tennessee DC ,was at Penn State when they played Army in 2015, so he's had some experience preparing for our offense. Even in an opener, I think we will run it better than they will defend it. I think we'll win something like 28-24.

The 3 Army turnovers didn't help in their game.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400760494

Last edited:
Gezus we're going to beat them like a drum. Butch Jones will be scrambling for support after everybody he's convinced to come over to the dark side are in full revolt and want his hide. It'll be a thing of beauty. I'm guessing TECH 42 UT 10.

Back