POLL: What is the probability we beat Virginia Tech in 2022?

What is the probability we beat Virginia Tech in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coit

Bullseye
Sat, Nov 5 @ Virginia Tech - TBD PM ET

---------------------------------
Last game: Florida State
Next game: Miami
---------------------------------

ESPN Pre-Season FPI Rank: 73
FPI Differential: +1.1
Win Probability: 43.7%

Another weak ACC team. I smell a victory. And I smell an @FHstinger poo.

Last edited:
I expect a lot of this:

1661005828445.gif

Put it at a .3. I think there is a 50% chance we are already effectively eliminated (6 losses) from bowl contention at this point. I think there’s zero chance dead man walking Collins motivates the team to win at that point.

I’d probably go at least .6 early in the season.

Two possible outcomes. Beating VT is one of those two. Probability = 0.5. And it looks like the voters here agree.

Poll flawed since we can never have greater than a 90% chance of beating anybody.

Like the FSU game. This is a 50/50, for me. If we play sound football and limit errors, we win. If we come out, throw INTs and get gashed, we lose. I feel like we should win.. But, we'll see.

Deep into the year, so where we will be at that point will play a big role in how we do at Blacksburg. If 3-5 (or lower), think it will be a struggle but if a miracle should happen and we are 4-4 (or higher), just maybe, the motivation to get to a bowl game will be strong enough to pull it out. 50%

Collins never beat Fuente. Who got fired.
I know folks who know Pry and raved about his coaching ability when he was Monken's DC at Southern for a short time.
If Clownins can't beat Fuente, should I expect him to beat Pry?

Back