Portal opportunities

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Let’s start here

Why should we want that guy?

A 5-11 guy with an average arm, average speed, and a broken collar bone, a guy that loses his gig at UCF is gonna help us beat Olé Miss, Clemson, and uga next year?

There's a LB from Texas A&M that might be a good fit for us, went to a Private HS in STL , so he might be able to transition to GT

Wylie76

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd

A 5-11 guy with an average arm, average speed, and a broken collar bone, a guy that loses his gig at UCF is gonna help us beat Olé Miss, Clemson, and uga next year?

There's a LB from Texas A&M that might be a good fit for us, went to a Private HS in STL , so he might be able to transition to GT
What makes you think anything but the implementation of a 5 star player at minimum of 22 players with our current staff would “help us beat” those teams. They could start their 3rd team and be favored

TechAKnee

Flats Noob

I think he’s better then anyone on our roster to be honest. He’s a really good college QB, or maybe I just have really bad memories of him torching our defense.

Techfan02

Hope is pain
Let’s start here

He is a ööööing prick. I will never want him literally the Only way is if it garuntees us beating the mutts.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Can Key re-engage here

uga had a 5* TE from LSU transfer and he's never suited up and the official cover story is personal reasons, some think it was Academic issues.

I'm not sure he coming for LSU he can transfer for to GT

gtfan088

Dodd-Like

You're asking why we should want a guy with 68 TDs/14 INTs in his career?

Who cares about arm strength? We threw it past the first down marker like four times vs. the dwags. Pretty sure this guy can do that.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
Every guy with pulse that puts up Stats at the G5 Level doesn't mean he's better than guys like Sims that have to face P5 competition.
He has 13 TDs/3 INTs in four games vs. P5 teams. One of those games was against us. He was light years better then than any QB on our roster is right now. Don't care about his height--plenty of short QBs are thriving in college and the pros.

My only concern would be health-related. It's likely a moot point, as I doubt any QB who has already achieved success elsewhere would find our current situation appealing.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
You're asking why we should want a guy with 68 TDs/14 INTs in his career?

Who cares about arm strength? We threw it past the first down marker like four times vs. the dwags. Pretty sure this guy can do that.
Junk stats vs low G5 Teams with crap defenses means next to nothing

There are barely enough good Defensive Players to supply all the P5 Teams, so imagine the garbage defenses at the G5 level that he put those stats up against.

We're in Atlanta, we should be able to Recruit players out of HS that can play, then use the portal to fill in

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
He has 13 TDs/3 INTs in four games vs. P5 teams. One of those games was against us. He was light years better then than any QB on our roster is right now. Don't care about his height--plenty of short QBs are thriving in college and the pros.

My only concern would be health-related. It's likely a moot point, as I doubt any QB who has already achieved success elsewhere would find our current situation appealing.
No he's not light years better than any QB on our Roster, put him behind our OLine and see if he's 13 -3 TD to Int Ratio vs P5 Competition

At the G5 level UCF always was one of the more Talented Teams of the last 10 yrs or so, so those stats came by being surrounded by talent the Equivalent of OU of the G5 Level, at GT he'll be playing for the "GT of the P5 Level"

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
Junk stats vs low G5 Teams with crap defenses means next to nothing

There are barely enough good Defensive Players to supply all the P5 Teams, so imagine the garbage defenses at the G5 level that he put those stats up against.

We're in Atlanta, we should be able to Recruit players out of HS that can play, then use the portal to fill in
He put up good numbers against P5 teams, too. If healthy, he would be a significant upgrade over our current selection of QBs.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
He is a ööööing prick. I will never want him literally the Only way is if it garuntees us beating the mutts.
Please to explain what he did that you label him a prick. Might change my mind. TIA!

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
No he's not light years better than any QB on our Roster, put him behind our OLine and see if he's 13 -3 TD to Int Ratio vs P5 Competition

At the G5 level UCF always was one of the more Talented Teams of the last 10 yrs or so, so those stats came by being surrounded by talent the Equivalent of OU of the G5 Level, at GT he'll be playing for the "GT of the P5 Level"
I guess we'll see. Rumor is Ole Miss is the leading candidate for him. If he's good enough for a top 20 team, it seems pretty silly to suggest he's not good enough for Tech.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I guess we'll see. Rumor is Ole Miss is the leading candidate for him. If he's good enough for a top 20 team, it seems pretty silly to suggest he's not good enough for Tech.
Let him go to Olé Miss and watch him next year , and then we'll bump this thread , you'll be surprised, but I won't.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
A better question is why hasn't an alleged offensive genius like Kiffin Recruited a QB to have in the pipeline now that Corral is gone?