Positive Covid test

cyptomcat

PostBot
Staff member
Some of you just don’t get it. When someone with very few posts actually posts something I treat it with more veracity than someone who posts 50 times a day.

In my case I have lurked on this board for years and years. I finally joined in Dec. 2017 when my kids were older and I had some free time to engage. I have less than 300 posts in 3 years. Then another person joins in Sept. 2020 and chooses the name OptionsJacket when mine is OptionJacket. I’ve always thought that was a weak thing to do but to each his own. I had other names I wanted to use but they were too close to other posters names so I didn’t do it. Then this guy calls me a troll. He has over 1100 posts in 7 months compared to my 300 posts in 3 years. Who’s the troll? And my info about Moses was solid but I’m not dumb enough to give up a source.
the existence of both @OptionJacket and @OptionsJacket is definitely confusing, does one of you volunteer for a handle/name change? :)

cc @BeeStorm

OptionJacket

Varsity Lurker
the existence of both @OptionJacket and @OptionsJacket is definitely confusing, does one of you volunteer for a handle/name change? :)

cc @BeeStorm
I joined over 3 years. This guy joined a few months ago. I was going to ask him what he was thinking when I first noticed him but I figured he’d change it on his own like most folks would. He hasn’t and then he calls me a troll. I figure he must be a teenager or college kid.

OptionJacket

Varsity Lurker
That's not the point. You can't just say "I can't tell you anything about anything" and expect not to be called out when it's a matter as huge as this one. Provide any kind of personal touch to your post, anything that doesn't make it seem like you're just trying to dangle tantalizing information in front of people. By the time you posted, we already had one troll saying "It's Moses." and "Stand by" and that was the extent of it. That's someone trying to cause an uproar and watch people freak out. There are ways to let people know that you're not just trying to mess with them, and the fact that this was missing from your posts was what I took issue with.

edit: And I'll say this. If you were being genuine, then I apologize. I'm not trying to tell you how to be or how to post, the above is my advice on how to go about this when you're dealing with such a big issue, and why you have to expect people to be suspicious when you give them very little reason not to be. I lumped you in with someone who was an obvious troll and makes no secret about that now, and I shouldn't have.
Appreciate the apology. Here’s exactly what I posted “I’ve heard it’s Moses as well. Not from the internet. I hope the human source is wrong.” How was that inflammatory? And I even said it was a human source not an internet rumor. I didn’t post anything about it until someone named Moses already. I first heard about it Tuesday night but I wasn’t going to say anything until his name came up. When the other guy (who obviously heard as well) posted it and everyone jumped him I posted a one line post saying it is probably legit. Then I get attacked. People want tidbits then when they get them they shoot the messenger. And no, I’m not going to put someone in jeopardy by revealing a source. I’ll gladly not say a word again about anything that I may hear. And we should still beat Loyola.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Astounding. 8 total positives out of over 9,100 tests. We have to be in the 0.09 percent.

BuzzLaw

I hope it rains at my funeral
I joined over 3 years. This guy joined a few months ago. I was going to ask him what he was thinking when I first noticed him but I figured he’d change it on his own like most folks would. He hasn’t and then he calls me a troll. I figure he must be a teenager or college kid.
I’m not calling you a liar, I’m just asking if you routinely find yourself talking to people that others don’t see.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Appreciate the apology. Here’s exactly what I posted “I’ve heard it’s Moses as well. Not from the internet. I hope the human source is wrong.” How was that inflammatory? And I even said it was a human source not an internet rumor. I didn’t post anything about it until someone named Moses already. I first heard about it Tuesday night but I wasn’t going to say anything until his name came up. When the other guy (who obviously heard as well) posted it and everyone jumped him I posted a one line post saying it is probably legit. Then I get attacked. People want tidbits then when they get them they shoot the messenger. And no, I’m not going to put someone in jeopardy by revealing a source. I’ll gladly not say a word again about anything that I may hear. And we should still beat Loyola.
I think what happened is we did have a couple of posters relaying the rumor; one of whom has barely ever posted and has basically only posted to stir up öööö, and one poster who seemingly joined just to talk about the Moses rumor. It did kinda scream troll. Veteran stinGTalkers have been known to enthusiastically jump in on trolls in order to mess with their fellow fans, believe it or not. So with folks not knowing what to think, you may have been lumped in, unfairly.

BuzzLaw

I think what happened is we did have a couple of posters relaying the rumor; one of whom has barely ever posted and has basically only posted to stir up öööö, and one poster who seemingly joined just to talk about the Moses rumor. It did kinda scream troll. Veteran stinGTalkers have been known to enthusiastically jump in on trolls in order to mess with their fellow fans. So with folks not knowing what to think, you may have been lumped in, unfairly.
Or lumped in, fairly.

The Jacket

The Coat
People want tidbits then when they get them they shoot the messenger. And no, I’m not going to put someone in jeopardy by revealing a source. I’ll gladly not say a word again about anything that I may hear.
If you get information you don't want to share, that's your decision. My only suggestion, as I said, is to give care to how you present the information, knowing that people are going to be suspicious because there is no shortage of trolls on this board. If your intent is to share, that is great, it is just probably a good idea to make clear you're not one of those.

BuzzLaw

If you get information you don't want to share, that's your decision. My only suggestion, as I said, is to give care to how you present the information, knowing that people are going to be suspicious because there is no shortage of trolls on this board. If your intent is to share, that is great, it is just probably a good idea to make clear you're not one of those.
If he’s lurked the board for a long time, he knows all that. I appreciate true info as much as the next guy, but the only way to prove you’ve got good info and didn’t make a lucky guess is to prove it consistently for a while. The fact he’s demanding apologies or acting like he won’t share anymore just makes him more suspect. And, again, he’d know that too if he’s lurked the board.

The Jacket

The Coat
If he’s lurked the board for a long time, he knows all that. I appreciate true info as much as the next guy, but the only way to prove you’ve got good info and didn’t make a lucky guess is to prove it consistently for a while. The fact he’s demanding apologies or acting like he won’t share anymore just makes him more suspect. And, again, he’d know that too if he’s lurked the board.
One thing I learned recently learning about online disinformation campaigns, is that the most important person involved in such an exchange is usually a lurker. Maybe he is having fun of some kind, and if so it's no sweat off my back at this point. But plenty of people lurk these boards, and if one of them finds themselves in a position to share inside information, maybe this exchange will make it easier for them to do that without an ensuing ööööstorm.

OptionJacket

Varsity Lurker
If you get information you don't want to share, that's your decision. My only suggestion, as I said, is to give care to how you present the information, knowing that people are going to be suspiciousy because there is no shortage of trolls on this board. If your intent is to share, that is great, it is just probably a good idea to make clear you're not one of those.
How the heck else could I have said it any more clearly?

I didn’t start this thread and I didn’t post on page 1, or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 of wild speculation. I only posted after Moses name came up and the dogpile happened on a poster. I don’t know or care if he’s a troll. But I knew his info was probably solid.

So this is what I posted “I’ve heard it’s Moses as well. Not from the internet. I hope the human source is wrong.”

Then I’m called a liar and told I don’t know $hit. So I went in a little more detail on page 12-

“I’m just saying what I heard from someone out of Atlanta with a connection. No idea if it’s true, but if GT hasn‘t announced anything then I think it’s a big deal. If it wasn’t anyone important their would be no downside to letting people know. The fact GT has been hush hush tells me something.”

Other posters came to that same conclusion due to the deafening silence out of GT.

And yes, when someone calls me a liar and says I don’t know $hit and it’s proven I’m not a liar and I do know $hit I will confront. I drink whole milk not soy.

And if I would have said something like, “It’s Moses because my cousin is Bubba Parham or my brother is Pastners best friend” I would have still been called a troll I guess.

I love the abuse thrown around here when it comes to opinions. I definitely give mine and laugh out loud on the responses. But to be called a liar on something not an opinion is just weird. All y’all had to say is you don’t believe me. Then accept when proven wrong. And I wish my source was freaking wrong.

gtchief

D I C K S

I didn’t start this thread and I didn’t post on page 1, or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 of wild speculation. I only posted after Moses name came up and the dogpile happened on a poster. I don’t know or care if he’s a troll. But I knew his info was probably solid.

So this is what I posted “I’ve heard it’s Moses as well. Not from the internet. I hope the human source is wrong.”

Then I’m called a liar and told I don’t know $hit. So I went in a little more detail-

“I’m just saying what I heard from someone out of Atlanta with a connection. No idea if it’s true, but if GT hasn‘t announced anything then I think it’s a big deal. If it wasn’t anyone important their would be no downside to letting people know. The fact GT has been hush hush tells me something.”

Other posters came to that same conclusion due to the deafening silence out of GT.

And yes, when someone calls me a liar and says I don’t know $hit and it’s proven I’m not a liar and I do know $hit I will confront. I drink whole milk not soy.

And if I would have said something like, “It’s Moses because my cousin is Bubba Parham or my brother is Pastners best friend” I would have still been called a troll I guess.

I love the abuse thrown around here when it comes to opinions. I definitely give mine and laugh out loud on the responses. But to be called a liar on something not an opinion is just weird. All y’all had to say is you don’t believe me. Then accept when proven wrong. And I wish my source was freaking wrong.
This is the biggest melt I've seen post-3GT. I dunno who rustled you but prolly not worth this much effort. Damn

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
I'm not sure what gave @DinnerJacket this impression, but I can't imagine anyone here thinks this way. Frankly, it sounds like projection. And I'm not trying to start anything back up, this is over. But it's easy for people to come in and give their two cents or smartass insults after the matter is done - which I guess is why people were quick to make their first appearance in this thread this morning to do just that.

I didn't jump on those two posters because of some bogus notion of status on the message board. I did it because they were trying to troll other Tech fans at what I think was a really ööööed up and inappropriate time, and it was working. If you're content to let that happen, fine, do you. I didn't like it.

Then I’m called a liar and told I don’t know $hit. So I went in a little more detail on page 12-

@BeeStorm I'd say an apology and a ban is in order. Some things just can't be tolerated.