positives coming from spring

law_bee

Dodd-Like
http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/sports/gatech/0303/30gtfoot.html

of course not too many were preaching doom and gloom this time last year

but word that Bilbo is getting the hang of it is VERY good news.

For us to be competitive in the first part of the season I believe Bilbo would have to be the one to step up. If we have to go to another qb then the first half of the season will probably be written off.

If we could go 3-1 in first 4 games I think it would be some of the best coaching we have had in a very long time.

Law.. I agree with you... if we finish 3-1 after the first 4 games I will be impressed with the work the team and staff has done... of course, I do expect us to be 4-0 at that point of the season...

Agree with you about the coaching because I expect us to be 1-3 or at best 2-2. Hope I'm being my usual too pessemestic self.

With some good breaks, I am looking for a 4-0 start. I am also eagerly awaiting fall to get a good look at some of the freshmen players, especially at halfback and defensive back.

smile.gif

Need to hang in there with Bilbo. A quick hook this year would be just as devastating as the no hook was last year. 2-2 after 4 would be very encouraging...especially if the AU game is close. THWG

I have to agree about Bilbo needing to step up as a leader on the field and by learning all the plays.
Chan will have his hands full keeping this team together during the first part of the season. I think we will be fortunate to be 2-2. Most likely we will be 0-4. This is based on what I saw at the end of last year.

Price Memorial Gold

Hopefully our opponenets are thinking that as well. I think we were plain worn out at the end of last year, physically and emotionally. The team just didn't have any confidence left when things started going bad. A new QB and a new look could be just what we're needing.

ncjacket, I hope you are right. A solid leader at QB can do wonders for a team. Do you really think Clemson or FSU might over look us. I think Auburn and BYU might but FSU and Clemson are going to be strugling next year and not take anything for granted IMO.

Price Memorial Gold

PM Gold, I don't really care about how Clemson and FSU approach the game to tell you the truth. I think we match up pretty well with both, Clemson especially. Neither will be a powerhouse next year. Personally I think the ACC could be won by any of about 6 teams next year.

Back