pre-spring training look at hopes, expectations and such

Dr. B

Varsity Lurker
Belly, don't fret over Beeware. He has yet to win a debate on this forum. Everytime he gets something he can't respond to, like the facts, he ignores it, and goes on to something else.

Originally posted by ylojk8:
so i propose a pre-spring training look at hopes, expectations and such for the 2003 football season....
i would LOVE to hear what y'all think.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ok...I'll play.

expectation: 7 wins
hope: 12 wins
success: 10+ wins
failure: &lt;8 wins
disaster: losing record
reason to be optimistic: talent-level
reason to be pessimistic: coaching

"Keep Hope Alive".
--Jesse Jackson

O.K. I'll play, too.

hope: 12 wins
success: 10+ wins
failure: &lt;8 wins
disaster: losing record
reason to be optimistic: some changes are being made and the staff has a greater grasp on "the situation". Chan is no loser, no whiner, a brilliant football mind, and determined to make Tech a great team witha great record and reputation. A great energetic "go for broke" staff that is willing to work and increase productivity with the goal to succeeed.
reason to be pessimistic: negative, venomous, hatred spues that constatly pervade where ever cetain people are heard; bad breaks; possible injury problems.

My hopes are to go undefeated and win the national championship. My real expectations are that we will go 6 and 6. My worst fear is that we might only win one or two games.

I think the season will be a real success if we win 8 or more games. It will not be a success if we win 6 or less.

The reason I am not overly optimistic are, 1) lack of a proven leader at QB, 2) uncertainty of how well Gathers and Hollings will come back 3) lack of demonstrated proficiency from our current coaching staff 4) lack of on field leadership on either side of the ball 5) lack of fight in team displayed in latter stages of last years season 6) lack of overall strength and conditioning of the team 7) lack of discipline displayed with penalties and mistakes.

Fortunately, all of these factors are correctible and I am hopeful we will see significant improvement in 2003.

Go Jackets!

I'm pretty much following ylojk8's drift. 7 regular season wins are a must for me. Hoping for 8 or 9 and, as always, believe we can do better than that. Like MsTech, I'm an eternal optimist. I can't fathom TECH losing. Just not wired that way.

What with CG's year one "disaster", consisting of the year end fiasco, behind him I think we'll move on and make major progress this coming season. I'm looking forward to seeing a marked improvement.

If, heaven forbid, we have a worse year I predict much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

ok, here's my take:

Expectation: 7 wins with one being ugag.
Hope: 9 wins...possible if healthy.
Success: 7 wins with one being ugag.
Failure: &lt; 7 wins or loss to ugag...if we lose to them this year with their losses and our returnees, then we have a problem bigger than coaching.
Reason for optimism: Bilbo...IF healthy and IF he wants it bad enuf and IF he gets the chanceSSSSSS that AJ got, he will make a huge difference, especially second half of season.
Reason for pessimism: What I perceive to be the GT community's at large lack of high enuf expectations for the program. THWG & Academic Snobs

Expectation: 8-4
Hope (as always -- never settle unless you have money on the line): National Championship
Success: 9-3
Failure: 7-5

Will make an exception for another injury-riddled season (though it would raise other issues again like the S&C program), but Chan has got to lead this team to a better record than last season. Period. This is now his team, his recruiting class, his coaching staff, and his style of QB (assuming AJ doesn't get anymore playing time, no more drop-back, passing-only QBs). No more excuses.

I'm not really ready to predict at this point. Certainly don't mind reading and hearing others.
grin.gif
My expectations are that things like agility training which starts tomorrow at 6:15am will be done with championship heart and work effort. Time to be at work with beating BYU in Provo in mind.

GO Jackets!

two coaches from our 2002 coaching staff have yet to be officially replaced. spring training is a month away. our QB situation has not been resolved. our RB situation is still up in the air.

but our local negative thought police is hard at work 24/7. so i propose a pre-spring training look at hopes, expectations and such for the 2003 football season.

here is where i stand, based on the regular season.

hope: 9+ wins
success: 8+ wins
failure: losing record
will feel like an idiot: if we have a losing record.

i would LOVE to hear what y'all think.

Until we know what kind of play we'll get out of the QB position, predictions are as meaningless as a Beeware rant.

It could be argued that inconsistent play at the QB position was the difference between 7-6, and 10-3 last year. (Clemson, FSU, & FSU).

Regardless of the QB, I am excited about 2003.

Agree with the Dr., but

will feel like an idiot: if I am still responding to Beeware a year from now. In fact, feel like an idiot now, for same reason.

Back