Price Fired; "Will Find Actual Grown Man", Prez Vows

I guess we all figured it would go down this way. I'll say one thing in his defense. Even smart people do dumb things. I know in my life I sure have.

I know some of his friends say this is the first mistake he has made and should retain his job. If a person is a real man, he will take responsibilities for his actions, learn from them, pick up the pieces, and go forward.

Personally, I think Alabama did the right thing. They have enough black marks already. No use and starting a new era with something like this hanging over it.

By the way, how can you fire a guy who was never hired?

Roll Tide!

drinking.gif

With F$U in the news EVERY day with a new allegation, that should have been a sign to Price. You put your name on the contract before you start with the "conduct unbecoming".

On the other hand, I don't know if anyone has EVER accused Bobby of taking in strippers for the night and letting them order bacon and eggs off the room service menu. That runs about a grand, right?

Extremely messy...
But in defense of Alabama and Price asking what ever happened to a second chance...
This was Alabama's 2nd chance in a few years to do what was probably the right thing to do
IMO they should have canned Dubose after his foibles came to light... they didn't do the right thing that time but this time I think they did...
We tend to forget that athletic programs are a symbolic representation of what a school is teaching its students and the type of graduates that it is producing for the business world... If a school stands aside on moral issues then the perception of the school as a whole is damaged ... many would argue that this is nonsense and that football is a game and that what happens on the field has no impact on campus morale or morals... if this is so then it truely an indictment of college athletics and the schools they represent for then I believe that the cart is leading the horse...
To Hell with Georgia

Price stepped in some doodoo, about like O'Gone, and he was caught holding the bag. I think Witt & Co earned this year's salary by firing him (not that I give a rat's arse abnout 'bama) not because he's a bad guy, I think he's a good football coach and hope he lands on his feet, but because it was only thing you could do. They HAD to fire him and it took some fortitude to go through with it. Messy business. Best of luck to Price and his family.

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
I guess we all figured it would go down this way. I'll say one thing in his defense. Even smart people do dumb things. I know in my life I sure have.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">My dad has a wonderful saying that applies to just about anything:

"If you're going to be stupid, you'd better be tough."

I'm sure I've heard it in a country song before - nonetheless, it's one of the best proverbs I've ever heard.

BBR

Yep, they used that song in "Jackass" DVD:

'If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough'

I believe AL would have given him a 2nd chance if all this negative past history wasn't there. It was a 'no win' situation for both under those circumstances.

Back