Problems with new Jackets Nest?

TOWALIGA

Varsity Lurker
Has anyone heard anything new about the Jackets Nest promotion for season tickets in the North Upper Stands? In a previous thread, someone wrote that they had gotten better tickets (lower rows) by calling the ticket office and changing from section 215. I tried yesterday, and was told by a representative of the ticket office that they weren't "doing anything with the Jackets Nest because the administration is looking at the program." When I asked if there was a problem with the Jackets Nest, the rep replied "all I can tell you right now is that the administration is reviewing the program and making some decisions about it". When I asked when I should call back to see about changing my seats, I was told that things were up in the air right now, and I should call back after a while. Hopefully I misunderstood her words and tone, but it sounded like there were some issues being raised about it.

We got our extra tickets in the Jackets Nest soon after the promotion began.

The Ad on Ramblingwreck.com mentioned that the seats were in 210 or 219. When I plugged in best available, we were given 8 in section 215.

Perhaps the issue/confusion is that the actual seat assignments are better than the Ad????? :dunno:

Perhaps the issue/confusion is that the actual seat assignments are better than the Ad?????

That's entirely possible. I hope they revise it to stick with 215 - I'm sure they'll sell well in that spot.

We sat up in the North Stands for homecoming and I have to say the seats up there are pretty damn good. I though about going in with my 11 other buddies to sit up there but in the end we wanted to make donations and sit in East Upper. I'm glad they're trying this since that section is always away fans...now at least it'll be some tech fans, but the only thing I'd be worried about is sitting with some of those animals from FSU, Miami, UGA(g), Klimpsun.

I sat up there one time for a game, and the only complaint was that I felt like a drunk fish on a drying pan. On a sunny say, those seats get pretty warm. Excessive drinking most likely contributed to the entire experience.

I will say that the Clemson fans did the best of filling that section. We need to make sure that doesn't happen anymore.

If we start winning games, the north will fill up a lot more. 80 yd TD runs will do a lot to cure apathy.

I thinking what actually happened was that this was simply a test to see what kind of response they would get if they lower the price of season tickets. Right now, they are likely trying to determine how much they can charge, while still being able to get a good response, which is what they should be going honestly.

I think they were surprised by how good a response this promotion got, and had to take it down before all the seats were gone. They are likely trying to determine if they going to put them back up at the 150 price (not likely at all) or put them up at a slightly higher but still lower overall price (most likely)

That's just me guess.

This is strange and slightly concerning. I really liked the promotion and figured it would be a good way to create a "recent grad season ticket section" where we would not have to deal with all the frat boys and annoying students, but could still be in a loud cheering section that's not a bunch of rich stuck-up old people, or even worse fans of the other team. Hopefully they will only modify this slightly if at all so that the seats are still very affordable, yet just far enough out of the reach of other teams' fans. I sure hope they don't try to revoke or charge more for the tickets they've already sold as I bought mine last week.

Heaven forbid that we should sell out the upper north with rabid Tech fans at $150 this year, with the chance to raise the price gradually in the years to come. Far better to leave the market when there is high demand and raise the price to slow down sales. How else can we be assured to see such brilliant dispalys of orange, maroon, garnet, and red on fall afternoons high above the north end zone?

I sure hope they don't try to revoke or charge more for the tickets they've already sold as I bought mine last week.

that's the first concern that jumped in my mind too. I bought a couple last week as well. I will be very pissed if they try to charge us more or relocate us or something. I don't think they'll do that though.

I hope they restart the promotion too. Its very attractive to recent alum and other alum/fans with tight budgets.

I doubt they'd do that. Hopefully what they're discussing now is whether or not to keep filling up 215.

I spoke with someone at the ticket office and they said that any tickets already purchased were fine and that they were "experiencing technical difficulties, and just about had it resolved" whatever that means. At least I got my seats. It will be interesting to see what changed.

I spoke with someone at the ticket office and they said that any tickets already purchased were fine and that they were "experiencing technical difficulties, and just about had it resolved" whatever that means. At least I got my seats. It will be interesting to see what changed.

thanks for the info. We'll see what gets changed soon enough.

Ok the web site is working again...you are able to order "Jackets Nest" tickets $150 w/o donation once again. FYI.

What's the general opinion of seats in Sec 218?
Good or poor?

Last edited:
This is just a general opinion question. My girlfriend has offered to buy me season tickets if I will quit smoking. After a week of thinking about it, I decided that I will do it. Should I have her buy the season tickets that are $250, or the ones in the Jackets Nest?

This is just a general opinion question. My girlfriend has offered to buy me season tickets if I will quit smoking. After a week of thinking about it, I decided that I will do it. Should I have her buy the season tickets that are $250, or the ones in the Jackets Nest?

We bought our extra tickets this year (Instead of Flex Packs) in the "Nest". Section 215.

These are not where we sit, but seats we give to family and friends. We did this the first day of the promotion. It looks like the area could be a lot of fun, with a bunch of "StingTalkers".

Save your girlfriend some money and sit in the "Nest"!:laugher:

Edit: Good Luck with your smoking cessation.

HAha, I bought season tickets and started smoking again, all in the same week.

It's like you're selling me carbon credits or something.. :)

HAha, I bought season tickets and started smoking again, all in the same week.

It's like you're selling me carbon credits or something.. :)

She would KILL me! We haven't talked about what happens if I do start back smoking. I just talked to her about the "Nest" tickets and she seemed to go for it. Hopefully she's giong to buy them tomorrow.:fingersx:

Back