Program Cover

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Was there ever any decision, or was there a decision to be made, about getting the cartoon drawings of Buzz back on the program covers. We used to have the best, now we have nothing.

I like what we have.

We have individual players and a profile inside of who they are. What a recuiting tool.

Recruit - this could be you on the cover, handed out to thousands of people each game, many of whom will have the program and cover in their homes for years.

You want recognition? We don't have the coach on the front cover - we don't have some school ad on the front - we have the guys who contribute to and stay with our program. Senior athletes who deserve and recieve our gratitude and respect.

All this with a backdrop showing the progress of one of the oldest and storied stadiums in the country - built by engineers at an engineering school.

I believe that we can never focus too much on our current or prospective players. It's great for morale as well as recruiting.

Can you think of a kid that will be more hell bent to make a play than the guy who is one of two or three players on the cover on the program? Every person who has a program knows who that guy is on that day and he knows he's being watched.

Can you think of a more motivating thing for a recruit to know that if he does what that guy does - that he will get the same attention.

Put me on the cover and show it to my momma, my friends, the rest of the stadium.

How productive is a cartoon - no matter how cool?

Still like the toons better. I don't know if the players give a squat about being on the cover (they might, I don't know). I wouldn't care.

I wonder if sales are up/down/indifferent because of the change. I know in the past I have bought them because of the funny covers.

Back