Program Out of Control!

MacDaddy

Varsity Lurker
The mess with Danny Smith's bio is an embarrassment on the heels of the George O'Liar fiasco. I am beginning to wonder if Dave Braine is all he was supposed to be.

pat.gif

With all respect to the opinions stated, I still disagree. After hearing of the situation on the Zone from Danny, I have no doubt that his error on his bio was not intentional since the incorrect information was not on his resume'.

However, you would think that Braine would have the common sense, especially with all that has transpired, to thoroughly check out all bios and resumes for people they are going to hire.

It is embarrassing to GT to let something like this slip through the cracks.

While it IS embarrassing for the school and for the football program as long as this problem is addressed immediately, I think we'll be fine. We still have nowhere NEAR the blemishes that other competing schools have and we can hold our heads high for all the honor, integrity, and character that GT represents!

BTW did anyone else notice that the only two schools that made Smith misrepresent himself were SEC schools, Kentucky and Alabama, two schools that always seem to be mired in some sort of trouble.

As long as this NEVER happens again, and Smith proves himself on the field to take our "D" to the next level, I'm one VERY happy JacketFan!!
wink.gif

I agree. I don't see how this makes Tech look bad since we are the ones who found the errors. Alabama actually told him to lie about his background!! Shouldn't this look worse for them than us? Yet I don't see this making the front page of the Birmingham Times, or whatever they have over there. It'll be ok for us. No harm done.

Ahso,

You do see all sides of issues.

I feel that this problem will vanish in the next few months along with the ancillary fallout, ie media scrutiny. We as a society are forgiving. Look at the way Nixon was forgiven for his epsiodes, eh.

I do agree that stern measures should be implemented to try and prevent the problem from occuring again at GT.

To me the graduation rate of Student Athletes, especially in football, is more troubling. Bio's and resumes are always edited to put the person in the most favorable light. I feel most hiring authorities accept this fact.

THWG, Up with the White and Gold

rolleyes.gif
blue.gif

Way to go, Ahso, Great post! The program is not out of control, the AUC is out of control. The daily fish wrapper is at it again trying to put GT in a bad light.
drinking.gif

Back