Provo Heat Wave

Good, maybe I can lose a few pounds.

By the way, how hard is it to find a drink out there?

The last time I was out there, I ordered a beer in my hotel bar. The local ordinance said that alcohol could only be served along with food.....hmm, what's the cheapest thing on the menu...
Nothing like an ice cold beer from the local brewery topped off with a little blueberry pie!
Needless to say, the pie went untouched........

Agreed...we use the same tables to determine RH values in ethylene oxide sterilization chambers. During cycle development one can always increase temperature to decrease the condensation potential (read high RH) inside the primary package sterile barrier.

Originally posted by captainG:
Agreed...we use the same tables to determine RH values in ethylene oxide sterilization chambers. During cycle development one can always increase temperature to decrease the condensation potential (read high RH) inside the primary package sterile barrier.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Damn, you stole my thunder. You snooze, you lose, I guess.

Everyone clear as mud now?

It's dry heat though and not nearly as bad as 95% humidity and 99F in Atlanta. I spent six weeks in Death Valley with 115 degree daily temps (desert warfare training back in '89). Wasn't bad at all. In fact when I got back to Ft. Stewart it was worse than being in the desert
pat.gif

Originally posted by Beesnut:
It's dry heat though and not nearly as bad as 95% humidity and 99F in Atlanta.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm sure 101 in Provo is preferable to 101 in Atlanta.

However, there is actually no such thing as 99F + 95% humidity in Atlanta - that is a myth.

When the temperature gets that high the humidity rarely exceeds much more than 50%. You may have very high humidity in the early AM and 99F in middle of the day, but not both at once.

One of the main reasons for this is the way relative humidity is defined - the humidity capacity of air increases with temperature such that the same amount of actual water in the air at 70F and at 90F are vastly different relative humidity figures.

The heat index for 99F + 95% humidity would be 160 or something ridiculous like that.

Back