QB battle

Here's what I read between the lines.

1. As soon as we have separation we will ride our starter like normal.

2. Graham is not making good enough decisions and has accuracy issues. He may start the season as the starter but is unlikely to leep it.

3. Both true freshmen are likely to see game action within redshirt rules, and one might win the job.

4. The coaches mastrebate each night over what Sims could become.

Just Pnode saying positive things about each QB, which is what you would expect at this stage. I think Yates would get it, but Patenaude can never mention him without pointing out his height.

Here's what I read between the lines.

1. As soon as we have separation we will ride our starter like normal.

2. Graham is not making good enough decisions and has accuracy issues. He may start the season as the starter but is unlikely to leep it.

3. Both true freshmen are likely to see game action within redshirt rules, and one might win the job.

4. The coaches mastrebate each night over what Sims could become.

Sims is big dude (6’5” or so). GT hasn’t seen a QB that big in a long time, if ever.

Not picking favorites but would prefer we start Graham and allow one of the young guys to play while the other redshirts. If the redshirt would rather transfer we have proven the recruiting is moving up. Just think 3 qb system is a bit much. If someone gets injured then remove the shirt. If Sims turns into gold it’s not likely he would play 4 anyway I would think.

Give me 1 qb please. Hate the shuffling in and out
The problem with that line of thinking right now is that we don’t have one that has won the job. Normally, you are correct, but Graham won the job last year by default. GT finally was able to recruit a couple of QB’s that other teams actually wanted at the QB position. I don’t know if we’ve recruited a QB in the last decade that other P5 teams also wanted at QB. I know we ran a unique system but that’s still just sad. Gleason and Sims are legit QB’s and no way Collins is going to make them unhappy until he knows he has a better alternative.

Can somebody text him to tell him to stop doing that? Ok, we get it, he can't see over a 6'5 OL - so effing what - neither could Heisman runner up Joe Hamilton.be
I am not convinced that Yates is as good as Joe Hamilton. I believe it will be Sims or Gleason as the starter by the Boston College game. There will be attrition at QB since we have at least one highly rated QB in the next class. We will not have five scholarship QB's next year. Someone will transfer or change position. This is a good problem to have.

Lots of people reading too much into coach's comments that are based on, what, 5 total practices since the freshmen enrolled. We've got a RS-SO, RS-FR, and 2 FR all with good skill sets in some areas, but none who've put it all together yet. Let's see how things play out. There's got to be a P5 starter in the room.

I am not convinced that Yates is as good as Joe Hamilton. I believe it will be Sims or Gleason as the starter by the Boston College game. There will be attrition at QB since we have at least one highly rated QB in the next class. We will not have five scholarship QB's next year. Someone will transfer or change position. This is a good problem to have.
Me either but Pnode can't get through a press conference without spending three minutes talking about Yates' height. Its literally baffling to hear an OC complain about the height of one of his quarterbacks.

Back