QB who transferred last spring

FHstinger

Dodd-Like
With all the QB controvery this past season regarding A.J. Suggs and Bilbo, one wonders if #10 Brian Camp is second guessing his transfer to Delaware?
wink.gif

andy hall #13...unless he was cured of his tunnel vision. i don't think it would have mattered. he tended to stare at his primary receiver.....sometimes even coming out of the huddle..

I think you are talking about Andy Hall. Brian Camp is still here. I know a lot of people romanticize about what he could have done here but he was not a division 1 caliber quarterback. If you look at his numbers at Delaware, they are pretty good but he was hardly a dominating QB. He had a few good series running the option in the Seattle Bowl. However, he couldn't move the ball against the Citadel although he did play better against Navy. He often looked confused when back to pass.

I was thinking the same thing Ghost. I hope Camp gets a fair shot at the QB job in spring.

Add my name to the "Camp Camp". He imho did an excellent job in last year's spring game. While I am still a huge fan of Bilbo, I still like what I saw of Camp in that brief period of time. Over the long haul, who knows, but he did show spurts of looking mighty good.
smile.gif

For those of you who remain disappointed because of Andy Hall’s transfer to Delaware last year, I can talk of one of his performances during the past season. I saw the Delaware-Rhode Island game during which his total yards gained statistics were excellent.
His rushing yardage total (18-126) was about twice that of the next best individual total gain on either team. However, most of those yards were gained in the middle of the field against a weak Rhode Island team (3-9 for the season).
His passing was for the most part dreadful (17-36). I remember one key play where he had a wide-open receiver maybe 6-7 yards away and threw a pass at the ground.
He also lost a fumble close the Rhode Island goal line to thwart another drive. While not the entire fault was his, the kicking game was weak particularly in overtime, Delaware lost in double overtime 17-14.
I cannot speak about his performance in any other game, but my impression was that he would not have made much of a difference had he stayed at Tech.
Then again what do I know; I thought Suggs was going to be a big time player before the 2002 season began.

Back