Question for GT33 and/or any oldtimers here

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
....about the origin of colors (blue)..

I was always told by my dad (played in '49, '50), that Tech had traveled to a bowl game, and somehow the white jerseys didn't make it (can't recall why)...And the trainers had to go find jerseys somehow, and found enough blue jerseys to go around...

any truth to this, or is it Tech folklore ? ust curious.....Has no meaning to anything - but a good story never-the-less
blue.gif

Originally posted by Gold Rush:
....about the origin of colors (blue)..

I was always told by my dad (played in '49, '50), that Tech had traveled to a bowl game, and somehow the white jerseys didn't make it (can't recall why)...And the trainers had to go find jerseys somehow, and found enough blue jerseys to go around...

any truth to this, or is it Tech folklore ? ust curious.....Has no meaning to anything - but a good story never-the-less
blue.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I've heard that story too, and it is a good one. Adds "color".

Gold Rush,
Glad that your Dad also played with mine...I have EVERY Tech film (That Tech Has) of my Dad playing 1946-49. I bought these from Football Videos.com ....The Game between Ga Tech & Ga in 1946 Coach Dodd had Tech in Navy Jersey's and Navy Helmets..Many Thanks, John Southard

Back