Question for MSTA

does it matter ?
drinking.gif

I should not say this;please forgive me MsTa:Mean nothing serious; just joking, but I could not resist....hang me if you must; I love you anyway, as a fellow Tech Fan, BUT:

"MsTa only answers on "company time".

Correct Again, Techs! You have made it to the double bonus round!!

Talk about someone who needs a weekend! Rest up Ms. T.
wink.gif

Originally posted by techsamillion:
I should not say this;please forgive me MsTa:Mean nothing serious; just joking, but I could not resist....hang me if you must; I love you anyway, as a fellow Tech Fan, BUT:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">------------------------------------------

LOL techsamillion!!!, I must confess to the same !
(tonight is a rare exception, as my SIL is in town...)...By the way - check your PM !

How did you guys miss/forget that MTA is a proud alumnus of Boston College! I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her but cant help but feel that she is really a good old girl who couldnt help being born up Nawth!

Hey, brother Eagle: exactly true. As a matter of fact I was for hiring that guy from
B.C.; but someone or some others put the squelth(sp/blame them not me)
on it......Love Braine's original choice. But, nonetheless, I went along with the PROGRAM (did not cry, hold a grudge, nor castigate) and I damn well support what the Tech powers that be did.And it should be so with all.

No one can help being born a Yankee, but everyone can avoid acting like one.

Well fellas - work or home I'm watching and reading! Company time is mine - so fellas lets not worry about that.

BC's a great school and SHOULD BE IN THE ACC - on BC's board I'm MsEagleTech!!! And you are correct. Looks like you're trying now to make this a north vs. south thing - forget it! Not my thing and never will be! I'm an New England Yankee and proud as punch of my heritage - just like you Southern fellas.

What I don't do is make it part of my lifestyle and it's not important in the everyday world I live in while establishing friendships and professional relationships. I've taught my children this and I adhere to it. You establish friendships based on a connection and a personality affiliation - not heritage!

We could care less. So, why don't we all take the high road about this north/south thing because it has no ranking or priority in our family nor the people I associate with. I didn't associate myself with GT for any other reason then having respect for a great academic institution - then friendships were made.

Originally posted by techsamillion:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And, what does it matter to anyone - I sure don't care where you are when you post. If you want to talk GT fine. Discussing where I am and what I'm doing is my business - respected GT fan.

Quote by Ms. Eagle Tech:

BC's a great school and SHOULD BE IN THE ACC - on BC's board I'm MsEagleTech!!! And you are correct. Looks like you're trying now to make this a north vs. south thing - forget it! Not my thing and never will be! I'm an New England Yankee and proud as punch of my heritage - just like you Southern fellas.

Its a southern (college football)thing, you just don't understand.

I am only half joking when I say this.
You have on more than one occasion tried to draw a parrallel between Yellow Jacket football and the New England Patriots ?!? no further comment.

You say Boston College should be part of the ACC. If your fellow yankees at BC think like you, I have a pretty good idea why they were not invited when the dust settled.
tongue.gif

Ms. ET. Seriously, it is not a North vs. South issue, at least not for me. People (imo) started writing what they did as a parody. I'm sure it is easy for you to justify your very well deserved jaw boxing (southern)over the last week or so to a north vs. South thing.

I don't care if you were born in Jesup, and only make it to Savannah once a year to buy Sunday clothes. You would get the same treatment.

Please don't try to pull the yankee card, and even better, don't try to glorify doing the things you are supposed to do....

I've taught my children this and I adhere to it. You establish friendships based on a connection and a personality affiliation - not heritage!

You are a mess.
pat.gif

Oh! I see now..

So, why don't we all take the high road about this north/south thing because it has no ranking or priority in our family nor the people I associate with? I didn't associate myself with GT for any other reason then having respect for a great academic institution - then friendships were made.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">So, you're asking to take the high road about this North/South thing, but you can't do the same thing with a football coach? Why can't you give the man the benefit of the doubt? It usually takes 2-4 years in transition of coaches at Tech. Hell, if they gave B*** L**** 2 years, my gosh give this guy the 2 before you trash him. He knows a bit more about being a HC than B*** L**** did! We all have some doubts, but why must some fonts be so pessimistic? Have you been to any practices and seen the team this fall? I have and I think a lot of people will be eating crow by the end of this year! And the worst thing is how the good that happens is either just ignored, or somehow twisted into something that it isn't.
Take a freaking' Valium! See a shrink!
Do you ever wonder how there are millions of books on how to be optimistic and outgoing, but not 1 about being pessimistic all the time?

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:
Quote by Ms. Eagle Tech:

Its a southern (college football)thing, you just don't understand.

I am only half joking when I say this.
You have on more than one occasion tried to draw a parrallel between Yellow Jacket football and the New England Patriots ?!? no further comment.

You say Boston College should be part of the ACC. If your fellow yankees at BC think like you, I have a pretty good idea why they were not invited when the dust settled.
tongue.gif

Ms. ET. Seriously, it is not a North vs. South issue, at least not for me. People (imo) started writing what they did as a parody. I'm sure it is easy for you to justify your very well deserved jaw boxing (southern)over the last week or so to a north vs. South thing.

I don't care if you were born in Jesup, and only make it to Savannah once a year to buy Sunday clothes. You would get the same treatment.

Please don't try to pull the yankee card, and even better, don't try to glorify doing the things you are supposed to do....

I've taught my children this and I adhere to it. You establish friendships based on a connection and a personality affiliation - not heritage!

You are a mess.
pat.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LLcool: My children read this board and they have serious questions about people bringing this junk up - this is not a mess and it has gone a little to far. This has nothing to do with GT football!

And yes, they are half yankee and proud of it!
confused.gif

Originally posted by GT_Dean:
Oh! I see now..

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">So, why don't we all take the high road about this north/south thing because it has no ranking or priority in our family nor the people I associate with? I didn't associate myself with GT for any other reason then having respect for a great academic institution - then friendships were made.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">So, you're asking to take the high road about this North/South thing, but you can't do the same thing with a football coach? Why can't you give the man the benefit of the doubt? It usually takes 2-4 years in transition of coaches at Tech. Hell, if they gave B*** L**** 2 years, my gosh give this guy the 2 before you trash him. He knows a bit more about being a HC than B*** L**** did! We all have some doubts, but why must some fonts be so pessimistic? Have you been to any practices and seen the team this fall? I have and I think a lot of people will be eating crow by the end of this year! And the worst thing is how the good that happens is either just ignored, or somehow twisted into something that it isn't.
Take a freaking' Valium! See a shrink!
Do you ever wonder how there are millions of books on how to be optimistic and outgoing, but not 1 about being pessimistic all the time?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You fellas bring up Chan and the 'good ole boy' stuff! You fellas need to worry more about what's happening at GT and this program then me.

Practice is just that - practice. Players should bust butt ALL THE TIME. I draw strength from the on field product because if that works, then I guess practice makes perfect!

If they lose a game, are you going to come here and say, "I can believe it - they practiced so well, what happened"? I doubt it. Why, because practice is preparation and you don't prepare against the team you play, you prepare against each other. If they stink in practice but look good and win - does it matter? No, they WIN!

I'll look at the product on 8/28 and see how far we've come against the team we play BYU. And yes, winning is everything and the only thing.

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
I'll look at the product on 8/28 and see how far we've come against the team we play BYU.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If you'd only listen to yourself!

pat.gif

Goldeagle, Gold Rush - look forward to meeting, please send me a private message and would love to say hello in person!

Originally posted by GT_Dean:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
I'll look at the product on 8/28 and see how far we've come against the team we play BYU.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If you'd only listen to yourself!

pat.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I do and IT SOUNDS pretty good to me! How many times did I hear in 2001 and 2002 how practices were all good and this was great and that was great, and guess what - I know you remember
shocked.gif

Chan didn't even like how practice went the other day but nobody mentioned it here. Looks like he was all over the offense but nobody mentioned that here either. I think the article said the "Wrath of Chan".

MSTA, in all honesty...
IF Boston College played Georgia Tech tomorrow, who would you pull for??

MsTA, why should anyone ever mention the fact that a coach says the offense or defense did not look good? It is irrelevant.

Every person that has ever coached in any kind of football classification has made the same statement. Every practice has never been good, nor all bad. Some times the practices go extremely well and sometimes they go extremely poor at any and every school.

The coach most always makes these remarks to let the team know they did not practice up to par for that day.

Why make a point out of something that is as normal as breathing?

Father Time

Back