question for the Gailey HATERS?........

[ QUOTE ]
Bobby Ross was fired from MD and had his bags packed to be an assistant in the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong - Ross was not fired, he left Maryland out of disgust with the situation at Maryland in the wake of Len Bias' death.

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you tell me who wants to coach at GT?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't buy this argument that no one wants to be the head coach at GT. Sure, Beamer doesn't and Ralph doesn't, but they've turned down plenty of other jobs (Beamer - UNC, Ralph - Tampa Bay, to name a couple.)

I have no doubt there are talented coaches out there who would relish the GT head coach position. On the other hand, I have considerable doubt of the ability of the posters on this board to identify the right one.

Butch Davis, maybe Whiz but not for the reasons mentioned here ("don't know if he can recruit" Well we better damn well know if they can recruit), Bud Foster, Van Gorder, Tom O'B (again)and maybe Edsall (sp?)

But I don't think clough/braine will fire their "yes" man unless some big money boys put the screws on.

[ QUOTE ]
I have heard that Paul Johnson's agent has already made it known to members of the GTAA board that he would be interested in the head coaching job at Ga. Tech if it was offered to him. He should have been hired 4 years ago, and he will probably be hired to replace Gailey.

BOO

[/ QUOTE ]

unproven at our level...still risk associated with Johnson.

[ QUOTE ]

My Top 2 are tied right now, they are :

Mike Price - 2 Rose Bowls at Wash. St. w/o recruiting thugs
Ken Whisenhunt - OC for the NFL Steelers

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Price???? You have to be kidding me!!! This is the coach that ran up the Alabama AA credit card with prostitutes, strippers, and room service at a Pensacola hotel to lose his job before he even coached a game. This was after he was reprimanded for drinking with students at local pubs in Tuscaloosa. ARRGH!!!

Whisenhunt could end up a HC one day in the future at GT..but he is unproven as a HC...unproven as a recruiter...etc. etc. If he were not a GT grad no one would be looking at him. I am not saying that he could not do it...just saying that the risk factor is high with him.

Re: are you joking?....

#1- It is 100% true...I live in Pensacola...it is a small town...people knew here before anyone else in the country. heck...everyone was already laughing about his drunkeness on the golf course here.

If you could care less about character and just want to win games...move on to the SEC...GT does not need you.

[ QUOTE ]
#1- It is 100% true...I live in Pensacola...it is a small town...people knew here before anyone else in the country. heck...everyone was already laughing about his drunkeness on the golf course here.

If you could care less about character and just want to win games...move on to the SEC...GT does not need you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not hiring Price to be the "Dean of Women Students"!

I'm hiring him to be a damn FB coach!

Who gives a shyt what he did with his "stinger" when he was with some skanky strippers; he made a MISTAKE.....SO FRIGGIN WHAT!

He went to 2 Rose Bowls at a school where it is DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN; WITHOUT RECRUITING THUGS!

Only small-minded people would keep bringing up that incident at Bama.

We better hope that Amato or TBowden don't get fired; because if Price ends up at one of those schools then we fall 2 steps closer to DOOK status in FB.

In the 1st half against NCSU when Reggie was 6-25; did you care about the TALENT of the HC calling plays, or about his "character"?

If you answer character; then I know you are a flat-out liar, and a hypocrite!

Bud Foster

Randy Edsall

Dan Hawkins

Norm Chow

Ken Whisenhunt

Jim Grobe

Dare I say .... George O'Leary (I know this will never happen)

Gailey is a pretty mediocre coach. I think we can find someone that wants to be at Tech and would do as well as him.

[ QUOTE ]
[.
In the 1st half against NCSU when Reggie was 6-25; did you care about the TALENT of the HC calling plays, or about his "character"?

[/ QUOTE ]

First half was not play calling...it was execution. The OL was getting blown off the ball which equaled zero running game...and Ball did not step into a throw the entire half.

pretty simple to see.

No only small minded people bring his name up as a potential coach. There's no way a legitimate school will hire someone with that baggage. If all you care about Tech is the record of the football team you're the one who is clearly out of step.

[ QUOTE ]
First half was not play calling...it was execution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right On hiver.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Reports emerged during the week that Price spent hundreds of dollars at a topless bar and, the next morning, a woman ordered about $1,000 of room service and charged it to his hotel bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is who you want to represent GT? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I could give a ratz azz about those reports; If they were 100% true, then WHY is Bama trying to pay the guy a boatload of cash?

If he can teach our QBs HOW TO PLAY THE GAME; then I like him much better than I'll ever like CCG!

I'm not looking for a SAINT; I'm looking for a WINNER!

This phnoy-azz bullshiite "TECH IMAGE" is why our FB program has been so damn crappy for the better part of 35+ years.

Fans & alums that think like you buy into this crap and drink the "TECH IMAGE" kool-aid, and this leads to us fielding crappy teams, that happen to fit your "image requirements".

This is a LOSERS MENTALITY!

HELL FRIGGIN YES I WANT SOMEONE LIKE PRICE TO COACH AT GT!

Do we have a CLEAR UNDERSTANDING?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a clear understanding that you have a ugag "win at all costs", 4.16 attitude.

[ QUOTE ]

We have a clear understanding that you have a ugag "win at all costs", 4.16 attitude.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going to the extreme, to make your point.

CFB is, well CFB; to act as if the FB coach has to be a "saint", is one of the more unreasonable positions to take.

You obviously don't have the GAME in its proper perspective.

I have said in more than one response he wins without recruiting thugs, Bobby Bowden is considered a "saint"; and he is a worse representative for a school than Mike Price, based on the number of his players that end up getting arrested.

Mike Price is not close to running his program like a Fulmer or a Richt, where "double-digits" of SAa have gotten arrested in one off season.

Other than his brain lapse at Bama, he had/has been a DAMN GOOD ambassador for CFB, and went to 2 Rose Bowls, having to recruit SAs to Pullman, Wash.

In this era of Cable TV, and Internet message Boards, where ESPN runs the story each hour, "on-the-hour", screwups like Price's tend to get too much attention.

wrecksneffect--dont let those two six packs affect your thinking.dont tell me that getting kids into school and keeping them isnt important.havent you reviewed the new grad rate rules?i 'd rather you rant about the variety of majors,entrance reqmnts,etc than pull this b*s* about all ofthe saviors that are out there.how many kids in the last 3 recruiting classes have failed to be admitted?how about ugag--they have to recruit 30 to keep 20.i like winning as much as anyone but a cold dose of who we are {and proud to be that}should temper your rants.
signed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif
an honest to goodness tech grad!!!

[ QUOTE ]
.i like winning as much as anyone but a cold dose of who we are {and proud to be that}should temper your rants.
signed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif
an honest to goodness tech grad!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Who WE ARE "THIS SEASON" has been a complete embarassment recently!

If we are going to play CFB in a BCS conf., then we need to do it at a high level; sloppy special teams, and non-innovative offense is unacceptable.

Too many FOCers & DOCers are speaking out of both sides of their mouth; in Feb. they all say, "trust Chan he knows what a good recruit should look like more than some rank amatuer like you"; and then in OCTOBER; those same FOCers & DOCers say, "we don't have any depth on our OL"; and this is after 3.5 recruiting classes.

and then on his radio show CCG says, "we don't have the DEPTH to play good special teams".....WTF!

Who in the hell has he been giving schollys to for the last 3.5 seasons?

Does CCG know what a D-1A prospect even looks like?

I honestly don't think so!

To tell you the truth, Thursday night doesn't embarrass me it pisses me off. Embarrassing is when you can't compete. We kicked State all over the field in the second half. What I'm pissed at is whatever we were doing in the first half and failing to make relatively easy plays to seal the deal. To tell you the truth I feel exactly the same as I did after the MD game in '01 and the UNC game in '90 (the tie). Both were also games we handed over.

BTW, our second half offense was great. Just what did you not like about it? I personally don't know what a "non-innovavite" offense is. I don't think USC (west) is particularly innovative...but they execute. I don't care what people think of Chan it just burns me up when the complaints are stupid. Our problem is our QB is inconsistent, our OL isn't able to handle a power running game and we didn't score.

So if it was an execution problem, then who is responsible?

The players? OK then lets put them on the waiver or trade them. Coz the only thing they did was accept a ship to GT offered by the coaches here.

The coaches? Then why not hold them accountable?

NCJ, I agree. Th I was not embarrassed, rather P.O.!

Against VT, I was embarrassed. With this coach we seem to get more of those 2 options than the third. 30 to 10 over Samford? Yeah, swell.

The thing that disappointed me with the O in the 2nd half was, 1. where was it in the first half? and 2. it did not score enough points to win.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care what people think of Chan it just burns me up when the complaints are stupid. Our problem is our QB is inconsistent, our OL isn't able to handle a power running game and we didn't score.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you didn't hit the {preview} button before you posted this statement!

What you wrote above is probably more than 50% of the keys to winning any FB game; therefore the COMPLAINTS are not stupid; and your own words make you look like a hypocrite.

I don't think you understood my point. Those are big problems with this team. But posts like "Chan can't call plays" are stupid. Of course he knows how to scheme and call plays, and our second half performance against State was brilliant (until the red zone). My only point is people try to rationalize what they feel and use complaints that don't make sense. We've had people arguing about stupid stuff that makes no difference. If someone wants to talk about coaching impact on a 3rd year starter who makes roookie mistakes, that's fine. But if you're going to try to get into what's going on on the field at least have a clue. If you just don't like Chan that's cool, just say it. (not you specifically but people in general)

You're nuts. There was no denying the incident. We would be the laughingstock of the South if we hired this guy. Next suggestion.

Back