Ramblings of the Good & Bad

texstinger

Dodd-Like
Good: Special Teams. Very good job. Some good - Reggie did decent job.

Bad: Reggie missed 2, if not 3, open men for TD's, but decent overall. Our O line coach can not coach guys up. Tenuta - did not have our kids in position to make the plays. Our D backs are not that bad. 3 Sr. linebackers. It is Tenuta's job to overcome percieved shortcomings in D line. Their conversions on 3 & 4 long yardage was disgusting. JT's schemes were woeful at best. Chan has not motivated the kids enough.

But all the above don't mean beans. What matters is 24-13. I expect us to win. I expect us to compete with ugag and the aubies EVERY year, much less teams like byu. I am ready for next Saturday. I will yell me friggin heart out and intend to boo clough & braine without mercy.

Originally posted by texstinger:
Good: Special Teams. Very good job. Some good - Reggie did decent job.

Bad: Reggie missed 2, if not 3, open men for TD's, but decent overall. Our O line coach can not coach guys up. Tenuta - did not have our kids in position to make the plays. Our D backs are not that bad. 3 Sr. linebackers. It is Tenuta's job to overcome percieved shortcomings in D line. Their conversions on 3 & 4 long yardage was disgusting. JT's schemes were woeful at best. Chan has not motivated the kids enough.

But all the above don't mean beans. What matters is 24-13. I expect us to win. I expect us to compete with ugag and the aubies EVERY year, much less teams like byu. I am ready for next Saturday. I will yell me friggin heart out and intend to boo clough & braine without mercy.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">When was the last consecutive top ten recruiting classes we had?

When they're recent, then we can talk about competing with the SEC upper echelon.

We don't have the jesse's and joe's......right now

Originally posted by texstinger:
I expect us to make it happen, starting now.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What is the antecedent of that pronoun?

When was the last time you saw GT play mistake free football?
For me it was the 1st half of the Peach Bowl.
I was too nervous to watch all of the NCSU game last year.

The more I see, the more I think that our PROGRAM wasn't on solid ground. We rely too much on the personality/ability of our head coaches. We can't just plug people in.

The stadium expansion and facilities are the first real signs of solid footing for a PROGRAM.

The teams' play will improve when they learn to play mistake free football.

Every fumble last night was due to a helmet on ball hit. Player's got to feel the hit coming and twist a bit.

Ball's interception...blown read between QB/WR.
They both have to see the same thing in the secondary. I saw it happen the exact same way at Florida.

We don't have enough players. But we do have the things that can attract them.

Good House, Good Schedule, Good Support.

Now if we as fans could play mistake free?

GTg8tr,

We will have to rely on our coaches. We will never recruit in the top 10 with our limited academic offernings and even the easiest one is very challenging compared to what most couses of education that athletes will take at the the football factories. To win we will have to be well coached, recruit smarter more coachable players with a ranking for total class in the top 25. That will get us 7-5 on the worst and will get us a year about every 5 years where we can talk about top ten finishes. Our programs is fragile a couple of poor recruiting classes like the last two will take us a while to get over. Yes we had some good players in this years class but were ranked 8th in the ACC just ahead of Duke. All the other programs are raising the bar and we are losing ground. All college programs are personality dominated think Florida. How arrogant can you be to say you need to change SS's offense? Well he did? Just as Gailey has changed ours and is playing his recruits.

Back