Randy Edsall out at Maryland

Next coach looks to get picked by the same guy who thought getting rid of Friedgen and Franklin and hiring Edsall was a good idea.

Edsall isn't a bad coach. He made UConn respectable. He is a Gailey type coach. 7-6 with the occasional run at second place in conference. He would probably do pretty well at UCF. Not great, but competitive every year.

He doesn't have the fire or ingenuity to take a low performer in a P5 conference and make the great.

All the Md fans I know have abandoned the program until he leaves.

I thought their AD was a chick.

It was, then the new guy was hired (I think she went to Miami afterwards). Then the new guy wanted to make his mark on the program so he ran off James Franklin, fired Friegden and hired Edsall.

http://turtle-soup.com/edsall-the-bell-tolls-for-thee/

is a serious one. Meaning I hope Drad considers Hatcher very seriously.

If we are in fact down to Edsell and Muschamp, that disappoints me. Edsell is a favorite more so to the people I talk to, than Muschamp and I would take Edsell over Muschamp anyday. I liked him a lot when he was here and if Drad decides to go the defensive route (It was discussed in detail on 790 the zone this morning, and the guys on there were thinking Edsell would eventually get the job) I have no problem with Randy Edsell. If Drad, wants a coach to quickly unite us, he is the man. Edsell is also well qualified with head coaching experience and knows the Gt culture.

I still feel, an offensive guru like Hatcher would be best option and I just hope he get's a fair shake as a candidate.

All the Md fans I know have abandoned the program until he leaves.

All 25 of them?

byrd-empty.jpg

Apparently, the lid was pried off the story shortly after the B1G coaches conference call on Monday. After Edsall gave his 10-min spiel, a reporter asked Edsall what the deal was with the 'players-only' meeting that was held earlier in the day.

Edsall's reply: "What players-only meeting?"

Apparently, the lid was pried off the story shortly after the B1G coaches conference call on Monday. After Edsall gave his 10-min spiel, a reporter asked Edsall what the deal was with the 'players-only' meeting that was held earlier in the day.

Edsall's reply: "What players-only meeting?"

Wow. Is there an article/thread about this anywhere?

edit: Nevermind. LINK

Kiffin could be dangerous at Maryland or Miami, he knows offense.

I keep forgetting about Miami in the coaching carousel discussion. But I can't remember, did we establish whether or not Golden was likely to get another year because of his contract?

Wow. Is there an article/thread about this anywhere?

edit: Nevermind. LINK

Didn't Edsall have like a dozen or more players transfer out after his first spring practice? Whatever the number, I recall the general feeling among most people being that it was higher than normal for new coaches. Considering that, the cluelessness of a 'players only meeting' isn't too unsurprising.

Also, MD had to fork over some $2.5M to fire him now instead of $500K or something if they waited until January. I'm guessing the players only meeting screamed of, "Screw this jackwad. Let's tell the AD if it's either him or us."

I keep forgetting about Miami in the coaching carousel discussion. But I can't remember, did we establish whether or not Golden was likely to get another year because of his contract?

Hasn't someone been hiring planes to tow "Fire Golden" banners over Miami games? That can't be cheap. Maybe they can buy him out.

Edsall isn't a bad coach. He made UConn respectable. He is a Gailey type coach. 7-6 with the occasional run at second place in conference. He would probably do pretty well at UCF. Not great, but competitive every year.

He doesn't have the fire or ingenuity to take a low performer in a P5 conference and make the great.

ANNNNKKK!!!!!! Thanks for playing.

Edsall öööö the bed imo opinion when he left UCONN. I also think we dodged a bullet by not hiring him here.

Prolly belongs as an asst in the NFL.

Back