Randy Edsall

gtnineteen

Varsity Lurker
I say wait until the year is over, give CG the boot and hire Randy Edsall (assuming he continues to build on success at UCONN) Most of you remember the defense in '98. Man were they exciting to watch! They made mistakes at times but were agressive no matter what (ie. record # of turnovers)

Some will say why not Tenuta, I only say no to him because I believe he is more apt to leave for an NFL job as soon as he becomes successful.

Edsall is the perfect medium between O'Leary (too harsh at times) and Bill Lewis/CCG (no explanation needed) and with UCONN looking like it's going to be out of the loop when it comes to joining a BCS conference (if Big East goes under)Edsall would jump at the opportunity to return to the flats!

just an opinion

Edsall did one heck of a job at UConn this past year. IIRC, they started off 2-6, but won at Iowa State and nearly won at Boston College (they shut us out in the 2nd half) and finished 6-6. 6-6 at a school like UConn which is about a 3rd year I-A team and plays in a big high school stadium shows what kind of up and coming coach he is.

They also scored a meaningless touchdown against us at the end of the game that beat the spread and cost me a lot of money.

Thus, I cannot support Edsall or UCONN.

If he wants to come here and help me win $$, then I'm in full support of him.

Hmmmmm...

Randy Edsall. Sounds like a good calculated risk on an up and coming young coach. If he is able to post a winning season this year at UConn I say bring him on down to the flats.

Price Memorial

Edsall would be a darn fine hire. He and Coughlin make for two good names to throw into the list.

WASP, I gotta agree with you on Coughlin also. When we were at the Gator Bowl in '98 the Jags stayed at our hotel the night before they played Pittsburg on Monday Night football. A guy that can convince a bunch of NFL guys that they have to stay in a hotel the night before a home game is just the man we need at Tech. Someone with a sense of discipline, yet one that player also respect enough to listen to. I'd be happy with him or Edsall

If we did not know Randy from GT would anyone be talking about him? I say Butch Davis.

I really dont mind if anyone has ever heard of Edsall or not. If he can bring success to the flats and wants to stay at Tech for his career then I am for him.
But all of this is just pie in the sky. I dont KNOW that he would be a great coach or even if he would consider coming to Tech.

Price Memorial Gold

Yes, but what are the reasons people think Randy would be the one? What does he bring to the table that leads you to believe specifically he could do it. what has he done? I fear too many GTer's have this "thing" about someone being a Tech man or he might be the guy coz he had ONE good season here. Same with robinson. Why specifically would they be better than Chow, Davis, Spurrier, others?

Back