Ravens

johncu

Dodd-Like
Meh. This is the NFL - lack of preparation is not an excuse. Lots of teams have had plenty of time to prepare and still gotten their asses stomped.

Kind of like us in 2014. Didn't matter how much time our opponents had time to prepare. WE were the buzz saw.

Baltimore is just not playing well tonight. Dropping passes, missing blocks and tackles, and now Jackson is forcing things.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
I heard from a reliable source that this offense is not built to come from behind.

Ded.

Chattanooga Jacket

Damn Good Rat
This game reminds me of those good Tech teams during the PJ era that found a buzz saw when teams had ample time to prepare.
Titans played last weekend. The Ravens did not, so time to prepare was not an issue. The Titans played a solid game all around and the Ravens just stunk tonight.

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like
Titans with fewer than 100 passing yards in the two playoff wins behind a big running game.

Now that's CPJ style
Holding the opposition to opponent to 12 and 13 is definitely not CPJ style.

Winning with inept passing, power rushing, and a shutdown D is Kirby style.

Losing to the Chiefs by 20+ in the championship game will also be Kirby style.

33jacket

Dodd-Like
Ingram hurt and really jackson hasnt played in 3 weeks. I watch this all the time in the nfl. Coaches sit players the last game, get time off and they are rusty as heck. The 49ers had a war their last game and only had the bi week to deal with. Ravens took 2 weeks off and it showed.

the playoff teams that do will roll into game one hot. Not sleepy

Deke

Everybody relax, I'm here.
Holding the opposition to opponent to 12 and 13 is definitely not CPJ style.

Winning with inept passing, power rushing, and a shutdown D is Kirby style.

Losing to the Chiefs by 20+ in the championship game will also be Kirby style.
The passing game is far from inept, it just hasn’t been needed much the past two weeks. Tannehill is top 5 in QB accuracy and has the best QBR in the league. He doesn’t put up gaudy yardage stats (although certainly more in the regular season than the last couple of weeks), but when he throws it he makes it count.

I’m not saying the Titans are going to win the AFC (a third road game against a great team is a tall order), but trying to put that Kirby Smart juju on them is some horse öööö.

Go Titans

(And now, as a Tech/Titans fan who knows a lot about having his hopes dashed, I’m certain my mild bravado for the team has jinxed us to certain defeat)

edit: also, I’m kind of hoping the Chiefs win today. For whatever reason we’ve matched up pretty well with them recently. Not so much the case when Houston has been at full strength.

Last edited:

User 10337

The passing game is far from inept, it just hasn’t been needed much the past two weeks. Tannehill is top 5 in QB accuracy and has the best QBR in the league. He doesn’t put up gaudy yardage stats (although certainly more in the regular season than the last couple of weeks), but when he throws it he makes it count.

I’m not saying the Titans are going to win the AFC (a third road game against a great team is a tall order), but trying to put that Kirby Smart juju on them is some horse öööö.

Go Titans

(And now, as a Tech/Titans fan who knows a lot about having his hopes dashed, I’m certain my mild bravado for the team has jinxed us to certain defeat)

edit: also, I’m kind of hoping the Chiefs win today. For whatever reason we’ve matched up pretty well with them recently. Not so much the case when Houston has been at full strength.
I met and got to talk to Ryan Tannehill for a couple hours when little bro was at IMG Academy. Guy is an all-star person. Couldn't be happier for him.

Deke

Everybody relax, I'm here.
Except for Dook. Helluva game plan we had in that game, beating those untalented 2 stars with extra time to prepare...
It took until the end of October (and back to back bad losses) for the buzz saw to warm up. :ugh:

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
Taking almost 3 weeks off is stupid in the NFL. BALT rested their starters in week 17 and had a bye week. It really showed last night.

BeeStorm

The Dark Side of the Force
I love it when a team from the 1970s beats a team from 2020