Raycom takes new role as ACC Network plans to debut

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
Raycom won't be calling the shots - but they will be involved in producing programming for the ACC network as an ESPN sub-contractor. “We got a very, very good — lucrative — production contract from ESPN,” Raycom CEO Jimmy Rayburn said. “A lot of the games next year will still be produced from top to bottom, but they just won’t have the Raycom name on it.

The article states that Raycom will also continue to serve as the league's digital partner. That answers I question I had about the fate of the ACC Digital Network - it sounds like it will still be around.

Raycom will also help develop some [non-live-sports] programming on the ACC Network.
Besides live events, plenty of studio shows will break down action from around the league in addition to short documentary-style productions, detailing historic events and figures or highlighting notable current athletes and coaches.

Link
https://www.greensboro.com/sports/a...cle_85b68034-d463-5c30-8e85-f96d1f30b687.html

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Swofford's son works for Raycom. We have to use Raycom or the network won't have that provincial tobacco road feel.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Gray bought Raycom TV stations. I think the deal included Raycom Sports
So get ready for a name change

Gray, FWIW, is HQ’d in Atlanta

BuckNasty

Damn Good Rat
Swofford's son works for Raycom. We have to use Raycom or the network won't have that provincial tobacco road feel.
I lived in western North Carolina for a time and watching some of our broadcasts makes me think I'm still there. Food Lion, Ingles, Bojangles, etc.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Gray bought Raycom TV stations. I think the deal included Raycom Sports
So get ready for a name change

Gray, FWIW, is HQ’d in Atlanta
Hey, I sued Gray not too long ago! That was before the Raycom purchase, which I think was just last year.

18in32

Petard Hoister
How’d the suit turn out or is it still pending?
There was a change in management, and new management didn't like the deal old management had struck, so they tried to get out of the deal. I'm gonna get embarrassed bragging on myself, but I kicked butt. In the middle of me deposing one of their witnesses, I got exasperated with opposing counsel (a well respected Atlanta attorney) and called him out for bringing some BS counterclaims that had no evidence. At a break in the deposition, he sheepishly agreed to drop all their counterclaims unilaterally. Depositions don't usually go that well!

There was a change in management, and new management didn't like the deal old management had struck, so they tried to get out of the deal. I'm gonna get embarrassed bragging on myself, but I kicked butt. In the middle of me deposing one of their witnesses, I got exasperated with opposing counsel (a well respected Atlanta attorney) and called him out for bringing some BS counterclaims that had no evidence. At a break in the deposition, he sheepishly agreed to drop all their counterclaims unilaterally. Depositions don't usually go that well!
So, you used his arrogance against him?