Re: Border Wars Rankings(DallasBuzzFan)

Axe

Flats Noob
Just FYI,

I saw where DallasBuzzFan referred to BorderWars rankings. Newberg says they basically haven't done the rankings for a lot of players this year. The Insiders Network is not as large as the Rivals network and they are struggling to rank all the prospects. Newberg has already said you can't go by his rankings. Several big time players aren't ranked.

According to Rivals we currently have:
3 Four Stars
6 Three Stars
3 Two Stars

Supringsly enough two of our Two Star recruits on Rivals are ranked Three Stars on Newberg's site(McGuire/Bridges) So the players we've brought in are solid, it just would have been nicer to have a few more.

this was my understanding which puts our guys right at 3 stars.

Which give us a respectable class. If you recall the early number was 13 ships and we are right at that.

If we could land I-perfect and McNeil then this class would be great and I think right now it is a solid good.

Axe
I agree - this will end up being a good, solid class...And given the controversies lately, I'm glad we're signing these guys.....

I think the class is going to be more than fine... you never know how a recruit is going to adjust to campus life, college football, etc... but from an athletic standpoint... everything I have read seems to be excellent... I think this class could turn out to be one of those special classes... they have committed to the program during turbulent times... this could bond the group that much more... you just never know...

Axe.
Thanks for the clarification on JN’S Site. Man, when you look at what we have coming in compared to last year it was ugly. I understand everything about the coaching changes, Bio mess, and No recruiting personnel through the major part of the recruiting period. But it was scaring me to death about the quality of athletes that we would have next year, especially on defense. Don’t get me wrong about any of my prior post, they were not to flame, they were out of total concern for future years. I think that the Gailey hire is great, I am totally excited to see what BO’B can do without the leash. I think Nix will be a good hire. I have to admit I was a little concerned about Smith, when I looked at the UK stats, 115 out of 115 in most categories. I know he didn’t have a lot of talent to work with, but 115 out of 115 is not very good either. Whatever happens I will be behind GT 100% win or loose, bios or no bios, coaches or no coaches. In closing all I have to say is “Lets get it on”

Back