Re. ugag not quiting

BankerJacket

Varsity Lurker
To all of those who were so proud of ugag for not quiting I hope you sleep well knowing that ugag lost. I know that I really do not care all though ugag losing is never a bad thing.

Hell I'm happy they lost. I'm not happy we lost. I'm especially not happy we rolled over and got blown out by the 4th best team in the Mountain Conference.

They lost and so did we. Those that say ugag played a good game because they came back or were close need to think closely about the past. I am not saying you are one of them BOR, but many have given Chan and the boys a hard time for close losses.

Banker .. It is the way we lose the close loses such as Uga last year or NCst this year
And YES they did come back and that is something seldom seen around here

Your memory is short because we also hung onto a few games this year. Special teams lost the NCST game in addition to a couple of big lays by their offense. Should have never lost that one. Chan does not have an explosive offensive scheme that is designed to put big points on the board. We simply are not going to make big come backs although we will win our share by close margins.

Bring on Notre Dame!

there have been two times under this staff that we were able to come back from a large deficit. One was Clemson and the prayer at the end, which was kind of fluky, but hey I give the boys credit. The other was UVA this year down by 17 and we came back tied it up only to get dominated again.

Then again, I guess you could count Duke this year as we were down 10-0 and for this staff, I guess that can be considered a large deficit.

I think the point is...we quit long before 28-0 and they did not...period. THWG

Our offense is not built around that kind of scoring ability. We are built to run and mix it up with the pass. At the end of the day we lost the game. It will go into the books no different than the NCST loss. By the way if one were to really pick apart what we did in the losing column this year the VT game was really disappointing.

I was at a bar with soem UGA buddies watching the game, they wanted an objective unbias opinion on the game. One thing I did notice is that when they scored to make it 28-7 and 28-14 that most of the fans there stuck with the game and team. I told one of them when it was 21-0, that the game is not over because UGA can score in a hurry and in bunches. Unfortunately I was right. But the fact is that UGA, like them or not, (and I don't) didn't quit and came back to nearly win the game. And that is admirable.

That being said, Hell yes, I'm glad the Mountaineers ran all over them and made that stout D look pathetic. Hey, at least we weren't the only solid defense to get torched. And that is a positive. Now we have 8 months to get ready for Charlie Weis, who is already probably breaking down film of CJ.

Back