Realistically, what should we be looking for against Clemson?

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
I think it would be unrealistic to expect a win, so what would constitute a good game?

I hope we get through this game without injuries and that we are competitive, sound and keep our positive momentum going.

Tech was picked to finish last in the ACC. If Tech is the worst team in the conference, the ACC is a lot better than people think, entertaining and full of young talent.

Through 2019, Georgia Tech and Clemson have played 85 times, with Tech leading the series 51–32–2.

You play to win the game (said in a Herm Edwards voice)

I think it would be unrealistic to expect a win, so what would constitute a good game?

I hope we get through this game without injuries and that we are competitive, sound and keep our positive momentum going.

Tech was picked to finish last in the ACC. If Tech is the worst team in the conference, the ACC is a lot better than people think, entertaining and full of young talent.
Hard to put into words, but Ill know it if I see it.

All I want in every game GT plays is the following:

1) Max effort
2) no stupidity
3) no injuries
4) improvement on the last week

The wins and losses sort themselves out. Clemson is a behemoth, but that doesn’t mean we can’t beat them if we put together a clean game. It also doesn’t mean we should be pleased if we get steam rolled.

This is a good question and I don’t have the best answer but here’s my take:

GT better goddamn do better than the score from last year...because we are light years improved from 2019.

Louisville was beating us on our own field in the 4th quarter. Hopefully CGC impressed that upon the kids...we’ve an awful lot to clean up.

I’d be happy if we cleaned up special teams, had no turnovers & our D gets the ball back on 3rd & long...

Bringing the juice. Playing with maximum effort. Being a great teammate. Putting the ball down. Never giving up. I’m sure I missed a few.

Doing better than the ‘canes would be a start.

Back