Recardo Wimbush

Wimbushed (AJC link)

Wimbushed

The Packers got an eyeful of a former Georgia Tech linebacker Saturday night, and it wasn't Keith Brooking. It was his backup, rookie free agent Recardo Wimbush. In his first NFL game, the Jackets' all-time leading tackler had a team-high six tackles, registered an interception, a 10-yard sack, and broke up a pass.

Wimbush is No. 3 on the depth chart at the weakside/inside linebacker position position behind Brooking and Twan Russell. Despite Wimbush's physical shortcomings -- he lacks great strength, size (he's listed at 6 feet 1, 228 pounds) and isn't especially fast -- Falcons coaches like his instincts.

"My objective is just to give 100 percent every single play," Wimbush said. "I feel very comfortable. The coaches have helped me out a lot."
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Fox5 Sports last night indicated that Wimbush should make the Falcons roster and that Terrance Edwards probably wont..At this rate with Brooking and Wimbush we might can rename them the Atlanta Yellow jackets..Think this sits well in Athens? Did any of you guys pick up on the fact that the local media EARLY on was all over this Terance Edwards, Just like it was a big deal he was trying out with the Falcons and he was a local guy..Until now, hardly no press on Wimbush..this made me sick..
How SWEET it is NOW though...I do see the Falcons in the future taking longer looks at GT players though..Chan and Dan Reeves are lifelong friends..Too bad the Birds didnt need any Running Backs..It would have been nice for them to have taken Hollings...

Wimbush will kick ass for the Falcons, playing for another great coach from Americus, GA.

Anyone who actually thought Edwards would make the team was living in a Mutt Dreamworld. The Falcons focused on aquiring receivers in the off-season, and they're now carrying 11 guys at the position. They may end up with 6 on the roster at receiver, and Terrence is definitely 11th of 11.

Atlanta Falcons depth chart. (Link)

God Bless Recardo and his family!! Reco we're rooting for ya buddy!!

Let me add my kudos to one of the hardest hitting, get the job done player RECRUITED BY GEORGE O'LEARY!!! Started since he was a freshman and more then proved his worth - another O'Leary leader!!!

You came to GT and made us proud - now you make us proud at the next level!! Good luck and I look forward to seeing you play on Sundays.

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Mtech..To i smell some ill will there !!!!!!!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Just another O'Leary recruit who was too small, came from a smaller high school program and O'Leary saw his worth --- YOU CAN SMELL WHAT YOU WANT. I happen to love this player because the opportunity he was given here by a coach who brought him here!

Nothing more, nothing less - I gave credit where credit was due!

Good for Wimbush, looks like he's put on some serious weight since his GT days. But GT's all-time leading tackler? My media guide lists him at 11th with something like 375. I think Brooking is first with 450+.

What's amazing is that Tech's all-time leading tackler didn't even get drafted period!
pat.gif
I mean come on! I was proud of Ricardo getting out there and showing his stuff. He was impressive with that interception. He has a nose for the ball and great instincts. He should definitely make the team.

Back