Recruiting: D.J. Shockley transferring to Tech?

calderman420

Varsity Lurker
Coleman just said his dad has been invited to visit Tech (from Coleman's sources, I guess). It seems that if he's not going to get a chance to start, why would he want to stay?

Some hypothetical questions come to my mind. Do we even need a QB in '04? Would Shockley be better than DBo? How would a dawg castoff sit with you?

A Dawg castoff doesnt bother me... can you say Dewberry.... but, I think Suggs and Bilbo will take care of our needs for the coming years...

calderman, did you get the impression this was just "radio talk" on a slow (for UGA and hence 680) thursday, after a let down game against UF, and before the big run of AU and GT?

I thought Coleman and Kinkade were just yanking Belue's chain.

Doesn't seem like Gailey's style to go after a transfer. Now if Shockley's dad had contacted the coaching staff first, that's another story. But again, I heard it, but didn't put too much credence into it.

All IMO, of course.

Personally, I don't believe any of the "DJ to Tech" rumors.

Also, I don't want Shockley to come to Tech. I don't want a reverse QC. No thank you.

Obviously they have to fill time with something. I know the situation would be highly unlikely, but what I took away from the discussion was the thought that Shockley may not be any better than Bilbo. So why would it matter if he transferred?

Based on the few plays I've seen of the two backup QB's, I couldn't say one was better than the other, however. What do you think?

As far as Gailey going after transfers, that would seem to me to be some kind of a NCAA violation. But I don't see why he would be against taking a talented transfer.

granted that Gailey did not recruit him ..
but our starting QB is a transfer

That's it - I'm taking a walkman radio to school starting tomorrow. I miss too much while I'm there.
grin.gif

But seriously, I wouldn't mind a UGAg transfer. All it means is that he got some common sense.
wink.gif

If he could manage to beat out our future hero in DBo, stick him in at QB and let him lead the team - but it would be an unwise decision on his part because IMHO, DBo is much better.
soapbox.gif

I don't like the idea of this at all. Hopefully, it's just the 680 guys being uninformed like they normally are.

1) Coach Shockley gets too involved with the coaches and what's happening on the field - We don't need that.

2) IF this is true, then DJ just gives up and runs for lack of playing time - we don't need his "There is a ME in TEAM" attitude.

3) Now if he wants to try another position, I might reconsider
smile.gif
we could use some DBs next year.

Frankly, I think this is all....

bsmeter.gif

Shockley will not transfer to GT, but I gotta believe he will transfer in Dec. Coming here would be almost perfect any other time, as he would start the 2yrs after Suggs is gone EXCEPT that I think Bilbo is too imposing.
This is the tip of the iceberg, tho, as Shockley is setting up visits to evaluate coaching staffs & returning underclassmen. There are other nearby schools that jump out more at you: Clem, Duke, WF, NCar from ACC along with ECar, 'Ville, Ala-B, Mem, SMiss & SFla from ConUSA. He might even try to make a big splash @ MTennSt.
Man, would Wake Forest be PERFECT for DJ or what? That system Grobe runs would fit his talents to a T! The Deacons could become a force in the ACC with a QB of DJ's dimentions. ECar would be another excellent situation for him.

That would be great. But i would have to say D'bo is our future.

I heard Coleman on the way to work this morning and he admitted that he was just "needling UGA and GT" fans.

Back