Recruiting Nationally: A comparison

GT260

Varsity Lurker
Miami, Notre Dame, Michigan, Tenn all recruit well outside there region. I can't get a good feel for how well we are recruiting outside of GA. Any opinions? Do you think we need to recruit GA harder? Seems like we need to establish GA, TX, FL, and CA, since most recruits, because by both population and talent comes from these states

GT commits per insiders:

South East
S Eric Williams GA
LB Gary Guyton GA
TE Jonathan Morrison GA
WR Calvin Johnson GA
OL Andrew Gardner GA
CB Jamal Lewis GA
QB Kyle Manley GA
LB Travis Chambers GA
WR Patrick Clark FL
DE A.J. Smith FL
WR James Johnson FL
DT David Brown AL

MidWest
DT Elris Anyaibe TX
CB Jarrell Johnson MO
QB Taylor Bennett MO

North East
RB Mike Cox PA
RB Justin Guadagni PA
OL Jacob Lonowski NE
OL Kieran Delaney CT

GT: 8 out of 18 from GA
FSU: 6 out of 10 from FL, one of 4 outside of South east
Miami: 5 out of 14 from FL
Alab: 21 out of 25 from AL
VT: 12 out of 19 from VA
MD: 9 out of 21 from MD
USC: 15 out of 18 from CA
Mich: 5 out of 18 from MI
ND: 0 out of 9 from Indiana
Texas: 18 out of 18 from Texas
Georgia: 12 out of 17 from GA, rest from South East
LSU: 12 out of 20 from LA
Ohio State: 15 out of 21 from OH
Nebraska: 0 out of 12 from Nebraska
Oklahoma: 2 out 15 from OK, 11 out 15 from TX
Florida: 8 out of 12 from FL
Tenn: 5 out 14 from TN

Just an opinion, but I'd like to see us recruit Ga. as much as possible since we do have a lot of local talent. But, if we see what we need in Europe or Alabama, go for them. I just hope that our recruiters are weeding out the ones that are NOT academically inclined. We can't have another fiasco like last year to happen again.
Another point: George O'Leary stated once that if an athlete doesn't care about coming to GT, then we don't want him at GT. Made good sense to me.

I'm really worried about all these programs and how each of their recruiting is substandard and going down the drain.

Their coaches suck too. Except Mark Richt because he's real smart.

I mean - they all have the same amount of recruiting verbals as GT and some of them have even less. And we know GT sucks because some of our recruits don't have offers from UGA (except the one UGA wanted more than the guys they did get to commit).

Most of these programs have signed a bunch of guys with no offers from UGA, which we all know is the kiss of death. They should all be way further along than they are at this point. None of them are doing near as well as George O'Leary used to. And some of them have coaching vacancies and GO doesn't have any.

Did you guys know that O'Leary is the smartest guy anywhere and will win a National Championship at UCF? I mean, as long as Sinclair and Ellis are there anyway. Can't win without those two unless you are at Duke because they have Ted Roof AND David Kelly AND Glenn Campbell, I mean Glenn Spencer. I knew that. I meant Glenn Spencer definitely because I've been a big Yellow Jacket since before the Derek Hamilton days when he almost won the Heisman. I have a quote around here somewhere by him. Something about winning 50% of your games or something like that. Anyway, Duke rocks because they aren't even on this list of losers. And UCF does too.

UGA must be doing great in spite of the fact that they have one less recruit than us though - one less recruit desn't mean anything, because EVERY SINGLE ONE of their commitments also have offers from Georgia. Every one of them. That is the mark of a future dump truck driver, I mean Hall of Famer. Definitely I meant NFL Hall of Fame. Just like Chris Clemons. No wait - he IS the dump truck driver - I mean the guys that will leave early THIS year. And the recruits that will get there this year too.

Oh yeah - I just remembered why they have one less than us. Well - That Calvin Johnson must not be as good as we thought anyway. He is still one less for them I guess, though.

I wish I used paragraphs but I don't because Chan Gailey sucks and our recruiting class does too.

Looks like Notre Dame, FSU, and Florida are really going down the drain. They probably won't win any games next year, I bet. I mean, their coaches must stink!

Miami, Michigan & Tennessee only got 5 from their home state. Vanderbilt has really stepped it up I guess. We already know FSU and UF suck so Miami must be even worse!

Oklahoma is the WORST of the worst. Only 2 in state commitments! No wonder they lost to LSU.

Here's the list. It's hard to tell UGA is the best but it is, I promise.

Man I miss Ralph Friedgen.

GT: 8 out of 18 from GA
FSU: 6 out of 10 from FL, one of 4 outside of South east
Miami: 5 out of 14 from FL
USC: 15 out of 18 from CA
Mich: 5 out of 18 from MI
ND: 0 out of 9 from Indiana
Texas: 18 out of 18 from Texas
Georgia: 12 out of 17 from GA, rest from South East
Nebraska: 0 out of 12 from Nebraska
Oklahoma: 2 out 15 from OK, 11 out 15 from TX
Florida: 8 out of 12 from FL
Tenn: 5 out 14 from TN

yawn...

ROFLMFAO!! Great post TechFowl!!

Thanks man that was cool to read! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Back