Recruiting Update

Big Buck

Flats Noob
Avery Roberson said he may commit to Tech This weekend.

Skyler Thornton said that Tech was The team to beat.
We could really use both of these studs.

Big Buck, that sure was a small article, give me some french fries with that burger. Who is he and what are some of his statistics?

Thanks

Originally posted by techrod:
ndeed they are Big Buck! I'm beginning to think like you in regards to Chan with the way rec. seems to be going. The only thing is if I knew for sure aj was not in the picture next year. Also if Chan can rally the troops for the bowl game. If he can do that would say a lot about him. So those are the three things that really get me on his bandwagon.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">techrod,

good post! i think that all GT fans--pro-chan, fence sitters, anti-chan would certainly feel better during the offseason w/a bowl win and landing some blue chippers that are being recruited by big time programs.

i hope that you and big buck continue to post these tidbits for those like myself that do not follow all of the ins and outs of recruiting.

Gt98, will do. Get your hat on tight so the wind won't knock it off as we sail along the recruiting trail!!

Gee, fellas, thanks for the information. It is beginning to sound better and better.

I wonder if we could get the big basketball player from Maryland, Byron Joynes, 6' 8" 311 lbs, to give up basketball and come to Tech as a defensive tackle?

Nah! Just wishful thinking!

Just curious....Whats the weather supposed to be like in Atlanta this weekend ?
I'd sure like to see a nice sunny warm front move in, rather than some sleet snow as we've been getting of late !

Ahso, I don't think we want him. From what I can learn from the premium services Hewitt may sign a point guard if he can find what he wants, and there are three that he is looking at, but he is obviously waiting for next year to pursue the
big men that Tech is in good shape with. By the way, Hewitt has already offered a scholarship to Louis Williams the sensational combo guard from Gwinnett County who is only a soph and is averaging over 40 points a game. This kid has many offers already but Tech seems in good shape with him. His coach said he would probably grow
to be 6!5 or 6!6 by the time he was a senior. His dad is 6!5 and his mom is 5!11 so he thinks the kid has some more growing to do. Next years recruiting is looking good early.

News on Thornton is a pleasant surprise. I've wanted him and Grant since the whole time. Our depth significantly increases if we can get those 2 with Choice signed up. I think Chan is doing much better than any of thought he was.

C'mon, Chan, close the deal!!!!
drinking.gif

Where are all the people who were bashing on this staffs recruiting skills? Just curious.

Culb, I'm not sure of any bashing. There was some real concern on how things are going, but now I think MOST are positive or at least the wait and see. I know I was very CONCERNED at one time, but that wasn't bashing. I have bashed somethings but notg that. I am even feeling better right now about everything; not to say it's all fixed and alls dandy. Again my 3 points now are rallying with the bowl game, QB situation for next year, and tha abated recruiting concern.

Originally posted by techrod:
Culb, I'm not sure of any bashing. There was some real concern on how things are going, but now I think MOST are positive or at least the wait and see. I know I was very CONCERNED at one time, but that wasn't bashing. I have bashed somethings but notg that. I am even feeling better right now about everything; not to say it's all fixed and alls dandy. Again my 3 points now are rallying with the bowl game, QB situation for next year, and tha abated recruiting concern.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That sounds very well thought out to me. Makes a lot of sense. Really like your three areas to pin point between now and next season.

Go Jackets!

I believe we will have our maximum number of recruits filled for this year plus several we had left over from last year. Most of the incoming players will have a good chance to participate early and we will sign many good ones.

I predict some changes after the bowl season. I also predict we will have a good football team next season. I think there will be a huge infusion of players ready to go to war and earn some playing rights.

I believe there will be a lot of enthusiasm among the players next year and it will show in the games. I believe there will be some transfers after the season, but it will be good for the team.

Look for a great offense next year at GT. I predict we beat UGA at our house next year. Everyone will be on the same page and all the players will give their all in the game next year. There will be no goldbricking next year.

I think I have figured out the answer to some of our questions and they will be solved after the bowl game.

blue.gif
blue.gif
blue.gif

Here you go Ahso..

Skyler Thornton 4 Star Running Back from LaGrange.. 6' 200lbs.. 4.5 40...

Avery Roberson, 3 Star Safety from Washington High in Atlanta... 6-2, 190, 4.4 40

Two of the top prospects in the state of GA. Roberson is AJC Super 11 for what it's worth.

This news on Thornton is shocking and pleasing to me. Talk around the net for most of the recruiting season has been UGAg and South Carolina among other on him.

On paper I feel really good about three running backs we lead with....Thorton now, Choice from Lovejoy GA, and Grant from the Tampa area.

GO JACKETS!

Ahso,Skyler Thornton is rated the number 16 running back in the nation from Lagrange, Ga. Even
a month ago no one thought we had a chance with him. Just last week the kid said that Tech and Fla were recruiting him the hardest, although everyone was recruiting him.

Avery Roberson is one of the AUC's super eleven in Ga. He is a DB from Washington high school in Atlanta. This is really big because his HS teammate Jeramie Johnson a stud DB is also favoring the Jackets and they both visit us this
weekend. Ahso, everyone on this board know that I haven't been a pro Chan fan but honesty compels me to say that I am pleasantly shocked with the way our recruiting is coming together. Pat Carter
the super QB from florida is visiting this week also with two outstanding TE,s along with Kamichael Hall a LB from Texas who many suspect has already given us a silent verbal. Now Thornton told Rivals last night that Tech was the team to beat.
Now that is good news along with us leading for Tashard Choice a big running back from Atlanta, plus the Grant kid from Tampa who is also a four star RB telling everyone that Tech is his leader despite Miami being all over him. Things are looking good.

ndeed they are Big Buck! I'm beginning to think like you in regards to Chan with the way rec. seems to be going. The only thing is if I knew for sure aj was not in the picture next year. Also if Chan can rally the troops for the bowl game. If he can do that would say a lot about him. So those are the three things that really get me on his bandwagon.

Have also seen Thorton rated as the #9 RB in the nation. Who couldn't use a RB that is 6', 200 lbs and runs a 4.4 40? Good grief. Come on big boy, wear the Old Gold!!!!

Back