Recruiting Update

D

Damarius

Inside Linebacker Jae Thaxton from Hartwell, Georgia (Hart COunty High School) 6-3 225 (4.6) now says he may be leaning towards Georgia Tech because he wants to work with engineering in college, and as we all know, GT has a great engineering school. This guy is prime time. He set a school record with 201 stops as a junior. He had 151 solo tackles, 13 tackles for a loss, 5 sacks, and one interception. He has offeres from Georgia Tech, Florida State, and Georgia and is said to be one of the best MLB's in the state of Georgia.

Profile: georgiatech.rivals.com/vi..._key=16765

Originally posted by Damarius:
Inside Linebacker Jae Thaxton from Hartwell, Georgia (Hart COunty High School) 6-3 225 (4.6) now says he may be leaning towards Georgia Tech because he wants to work with engineering in college, and as we all know, GT has a great engineering school. This guy is prime time. He set a school record with 201 stops as a junior. He had 151 solo tackles, 13 tackles for a loss, 5 sacks, and one interception. He has offeres from Georgia Tech, Florida State, and Georgia and is said to be one of the best MLB's in the state of Georgia.

Profile: georgiatech.rivals.com/vi..._key=16765
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I taught Jae. First-class young man.

Come on Belly. Do you think the GT coaches and fans want character kids?
wink.gif

Honestly, glad to hear you say this.
Thanks again D for info.

Go Jackets!

Originally posted by bellyseries:

I taught Jae. First-class young man.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">belly,
If you taught him, we expect him to make 1500 on the SAT and the Dean's list at Tech. No exceptions.

Originally posted by beeware:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by bellyseries:

I taught Jae. First-class young man.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">belly,
If you taught him, we expect him to make 1500 on the SAT and the Dean's list at Tech. No exceptions.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Forget that stuff. I'll accept Jae signing a LOI as proof that Belly taught him.

Actually, Jae is the kid who provoked me to ask the board (a long time ago)whether I could advocate a college to play football for, without getting him, me, and GT in trouble. I still don't know know the answer to that.

man that's good news can we just bring him on in now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wink.gif

Belly, maybe you will contribute something meaningful in life after all....
blue.gif

Originally posted by ramblinwise1:
Belly, maybe you will contribute something meaningful in life after all....
blue.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This could be my Finest Hour!

Belly, rules change all the time. Here is what Coach Lewis asked me to do when he was recruiting a player (Randall Godfrey) from my HS alma mater.
Wear my GT sweatshirt, t-shirt, coat, hat, anywhere that the player or parents could see them. Stand on sidelines during practice, walk in front of stands, stand as close as possible during games. Be in parking lot, close, after games. Have GT logos on vehicles.
Do not approach to talk to him. Do not write him. Do not call him. As an alumni of GT, I could be deemed a representative of the school. I may even count as an offical visit.
If he comes to my official place of business, residence or church, it's OK to talk to him. In other words, if I'm where I'm supposed to be, it's alright. If he calls me at my business, residence or church, it's OK to talk to him.
Coach Lewis said the main thing was to let them see my GT paraphanalia & know how proud I was of my school. He said they would get the message that I was sending as they know the recruiting games.

Back