Recruiting...we still doing it?

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Is this like a dead period or something? Have heard literally nothing since the first signing period. I assume we would still like another 4-5 guys if we can find good ones. Any known prospects I should keep my eyes on?

Dead period ended a few days ago. Looks like we may lose C'Bo Flemister to Tennessee.

Michael Barrett (QB/ATH) just had an official visit and folks think we have a good shot.

Dead period ended a few days ago. Looks like we may lose C'Bo Flemister to Tennessee.

Michael Barrett (QB/ATH) just had an official visit and folks think we have a good shot.

yeah, C'Bo was committed but didn't sign in the early signing period. Think I'd rather get Barrett anyway. Hope we get a good DL or two in the final round of signings. Can never have enough.

yeah, C'Bo was committed but didn't sign in the early signing period. Think I'd rather get Barrett anyway. Hope we get a good DL or two in the final round of signings. Can never have enough.

I thought it was strange the C'Bo kid committed to us just a couple of weeks before the early signing period and then didn't sign. My initial reaction was "placeholder". Unfortunately that may have been correct.

I thought it was strange the C'Bo kid committed to us just a couple of weeks before the early signing period and then didn't sign. My initial reaction was "placeholder". Unfortunately that may have been correct.

Yeah, I believe he was a Georgia Southern commit before us. Tennessee jumped in when Pruitt was hired and C'Bo balked at signing with us. Just took a visit to UT.

He is only a 2-3 star, but lots of people like his film. I'm only bummed because of his name. Lol.

C'Bo, don't get on that plane

The early signing period is nothing but good for GT. We know that we have 18 players in the bag. We also know earlier that C'Bo is a waffler and we can't count on him. This is way better than him verbally committing, then just flipping out of nowhere the last week of January. This puts pressure on the factories to not play the same games they did before, where they would go grab up players away from teams like us b/c the 5-star they were in on decided on a different factory late in the game (Although I'm sure they are going to invent new games, such as pressuring recruits to wait until February, or even offering scholarships that are only acceptable in the 2nd signing period, or other shadiness like that).

Actually, Notre Dame is now all over C'Bo after Kelly kicked 4 players off the team. They need another RB.

Actually, Notre Dame is now all over C'Bo after Kelly kicked 4 players off the team. They need another RB.

Well, the kid has come a long way from a 2 star GaSou commit with no P5 offers. Can't be too mad. He will be a 4 star soon. Lol

we got a OL transfer from Miss--Jack Defoor- 6-5,300 he was offered by us 3 yrs ago ,a good one to get

we have 18 signees, plus DeFoor. The class is pretty close to full. If we can get Barrett and fill another need, this should be a very solid class.
Jay Jones is the only offseason defection, correct? I think a couple of other guys who got placed on scholarship have decided to go ahead and graduate (Martenson, perhaps?). But the attrition and its commensurate handwringing appear to be quite low, this time around.

I don't think it's fair to be upset at C'Bo. It's not like he was committed to us for a long time and flipped. We were his only legit offer and things obviously changed a lot.

Plus it’s not like running back is an urgent need. We seem to have more than we know what to do with. Better that spot goes to another defensive player.

Plus it’s not like running back is an urgent need. We seem to have more than we know what to do with. Better that spot goes to another defensive player.
Notre Dame needs a RB so badly, even if he is just a career backup, that I figure there is no way C'Bo doesn't end up there. I don't see why a good student would choose Tennessee over GT or ND. Not a great career move unless you seek a career after football managing a Flyin' J or working for one of Tennessee's trucking companies.

Barrett will likely go to FSU on his visit this weekend if they offer. His teammate just committed

Barrett will likely go to FSU on his visit this weekend if they offer. His teammate just committed
Those were his words on warchant. Not making a prediction, just reporting what he said. I think he would be better off at Tech, and could be a good QB

Those were his words on warchant. Not making a prediction, just reporting what he said. I think he would be better off at Tech, and could be a good QB
Would seem to be a first year coach class filler at FSU. No way they take him to be QB, regardless of what they're telling him.

Would seem to be a first year coach class filler at FSU. No way they take him to be QB, regardless of what they're telling him.

I stumbled across an article yesterday where he said he doesn’t care what position he plays. To me that’s even more evidence that he’ll be at FSU. I will throw in that two months ago it was but a silly wish that we’d end up with either Graham or Barrett but no one thought we had a legit shot at either. And now we’re a viable contender for landing the second of the two.

Back