Recruiting wins and losses

BEESerk

Flats Noob
Originally posted by GTnut:
This ? is probably best asked elsewhere, but when you know the NC schools will not allow expansion and our status in recruiting, et al, should we really be in the ACC?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Personally, I think we shouldn't even discuss leaving the ACC or expansion until we prove we can actually win the ACC title and beat F$U.

Where should we go? The MAC? We cold probably win the title in that conference.
wink.gif

Players we "offered" per gurus that have given verbals elsewhere - by the numbers:
4 - Auburn, South Carolina
3 - Boston College, UGAG
2 - LSU, ND, Texas, Vandy and Virginia
1 - Alabama, Miami, Miss, Miss St, NC St, Oklahoma, Pitt, Stanford and Texas A&M
Players "offered elsewhere" per gurus that have given verbals to GT- by the numbers:
2 - Duke, Florida, Miss St, Vandy
1 - Al, Aub, Ark, Col St, Ind, Iowa ST, LSU, Maryland, Mich, Miami, Miss, ND, NC St, Northwestern, OK ST, PSU, Pitt, Purdue, Tex Tech,
Toledo, West Virginia, Wisconsin
Please note that one verbal for us may mean several teams that offered.

The numbers above are interesting from several sides:
1. UVA w 2, and NC St w 1 are the only ACC schools who have verbals from players we offered thus far.
2. Duke 2, NC St 1 are the only players for whom we have verbals that were offered by other ACC schools.
3. We have verbals from - Florida - 4, GA - 4, Texas - 4 and Ohio - 1. By deduction that means that we have no verbals from states that house 7 of the 9 ACC schools. It is also unlikely that we will get verbals from those states. It means that for our recruits, we not only have to sell GT, but also the ACC.
4. It means that there is virtually no media coverage of GT in the states we recruit. You know our coverage in Atlanta. It is almost non-existent in Florida and it goes downhill from there. It is almost worse for ACC media coverage (am I correct that on the day of the game, the AJC did not have one article on the Clemson/Texas Tech game?; I don't count the lists on the scoreboard page.
5. I point this out to show how difficult it must be for GT to recruit, when virtually the entire staff has been here for less than a year and just doesn't have the relationships in GA.
6. For the record, I think the staff is doing a terriffic job in recruiting this year.

This ? is probably best asked elsewhere, but when you know the NC schools will not allow expansion and our status in recruiting, et al, should we really be in the ACC?

Back