Recruiting

I agree totally with you law_bee. There is NO REASON for GT to take long on deciding a head coach. They need to follow Notre Dame's example, except pick somebody better
grin.gif
wink.gif
. The longer we wait to choose a head coach, the better odds of that person being chosen by someone else, and the worse off we are in recruiting. Every day that passes, the number of quality recruits available decreases. However, it is somewhat comforting to know that the current recruits haven't high-tailed it to another school yet. And as far as tater tot goes, He is a decent head coach, but not exactly the best investment for Tech's future -- there is better out there. Let's make this decision a good one.

Tater Tot being taken seriously as head coach..
puke.gif

However, I am pleased with the fact that Taafe, Jones, Kruczek, Strong, Grobe and other quality names are up in the air.
wiggle.gif
wiggle.gif
bigthumbup.gif

ahsoisee, you could not have said it better... it does seem like a month... I too feel something will happen this week... which if you compare it to searching for an officer of a company .. is pretty dang fast...

There seems to be no doubt that the continuing vacancy of HC is having a negative impact on our recruiting ability. As of now, recruiting is moribund. This seems to be the case, not only with prospects, but with actual commitments. However, I believe that choosing the right HC is paramount. I don't care if it takes several more weeks, let's just get the right guy for years to come. I believe we must be patient, even if it results in a devestated recruiting class.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by elmobee:
There seems to be no doubt that the continuing vacancy of HC is having a negative impact on our recruiting ability. As of now, recruiting is moribund. This seems to be the case, not only with prospects, but with actual commitments. However, I believe that choosing the right HC is paramount. I don't care if it takes several more weeks, let's just get the right guy for years to come. I believe we must be patient, even if it results in a devestated recruiting class.<hr></blockquote>

I understand we want the right guy, but what NEW INFO will be out there. I dont believe there will be a NEW CANDIDATE. We need to pull the trigger. I do not see any reason to delay it.
1. get a list
2. choose the best person
3. make them an offer
4. if they dont want it go to the next guy

I DONT WANT ANYONE WHO DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE. The job is mutually exclusive. You dont have to take it and we dont have to offer, but I believe Taaffe and Robinson want the job.

There are NO sure things. We will not know how a coach will perform until well into next season. I believe this delay is causing unnecessay stress on the program.

If Braine wants to give the job to tator tot, then lets do it but we need to move on.

Back