remaining wins/losses

The question is by how much, and if the margins are enough to make the CFP as a 2-loss ACC team.

The question is by how much, and if the margins are enough to make the CFP as a 2-loss ACC team.
And once the gaggers see us rollin', do they throw games to keep from having to play us?

Duke. Bad team.
Might catch Miami during their typical end of year collapse.
BC and Pitt are toss ups. Is nc state good?

Possible sneaky upset of notre dame since they play Clemson the next week. Doubt the acc allows that tho.

Reactions: odw
Should be favored against Duke/NCSU. Probably pretty even against BC/Pitt. Clemson/ND would be big upsets. I kind of expect to beat Miami to be honest.

So 3.5 more wins is where I’d put the O/U.

NCSU is much improved this year - Duke beat a SYR team we got shattered by... I could see us 4-0 all the way to 0-4 vs Duke/NCSU/Pitt/BC... depends which team shows up but encouraged by the progress

Shattered? Idk about that.

NCSU is much improved this year - Duke beat a SYR team we got shattered by... I could see us 4-0 all the way to 0-4 vs Duke/NCSU/Pitt/BC... depends which team shows up but encouraged by the progress
Winless Duke nabbed 4 turnovers, gave up 0, and was extremely efficient. About 650 yards total and over 350 on the ground. As Syracuse continues to rack up the L's that game will become more and more frustrating.

Winless Duke nabbed 4 turnovers, gave up 0, and was extremely efficient. About 650 yards total and over 350 on the ground. As Syracuse continues to rack up the L's that game will become more and more frustrating.
If we give duke 4 turnovers they’ll beat us; if they let us nab 4 we’ll beat them. Funny how that works. Would be true if we played Syracuse again tomorrow too.

If we give duke 4 turnovers they’ll beat us; if they let us nab 4 we’ll beat them. Funny how that works. Would be true if we played Syracuse again tomorrow too.
Yep. There was an old BR article about two evenly matched teams (within 7 point spread) and the results based on turnovers that I dug up. The teams with positive turnover margins in the game won at a rate of:
  • 66% with +1 margin
  • 75% with +2 margin
  • 88% with +3 margin
  • 96% with +4 or greater margin
Really shows how important ball security is. We scored after all three turnovers against Louisville

I honestly don't see an easy win on our schedule. I figure we can grab 3 more but if you look at what our remaining opponents have done, there is cause for concern with all of them. BC beat Pitt, Duke put up like 650 yards on somebody, NC St. is tough. I don't think we can relax against anybody. We just have too many concerns on defense and that's assuming we don't return to 3-turnover games.

And the other thing is that each game this year has been within 7 points in the 4th quarter (except Syracuse - they were up 14 at end of third). The point being that we have yet to put anybody away and I don't see that changing. It will take a near perfect 4 quarters to win any remaining games. That's asking a lot from an underclassman-heavy roster.

Last edited:
Yep. There was an old BR article about two evenly matched teams (within 7 point spread) and the results based on turnovers that I dug up. The teams with positive turnover margins in the game won at a rate of:
  • 66% with +1 margin
  • 75% with +2 margin
  • 88% with +3 margin
  • 96% with +4 or greater margin
Really shows how important ball security is. We scored after all three turnovers against Louisville
Nice. I think this got alluded to by the announcers during the game saying it was something the staff was really enforcing in the bye.

I honestly don't see an easy win on our schedule. I figure we can grab 3 more but if you look at what our remaining opponents have done, there is cause for concern with all of them. BC beat Pitt, Duke put up like 650 yards on somebody, NC St. is tough. I don't think we can relax against anybody. We just have too many concerns on defense and that's assuming we don't return to 3-turnover games.

I haven’t had any respect for NC State since they rebranded with that silly wolf cartoon on their helmet.

Except for that MLB that single handedly beat us at home that one year. He was a badass.

Think you flipped that - Duke conceded 4 turnovers and did not turn Cuse over once. They were able to overcome the -4 differential because they outgained Cuse 645-286.

Yeah, I honestly think sims started off in a way that zapped confidence. His completion percentage that game was horrible.

Back