RIP Don Bessillieu (NFI)

DeepSnap

Flats Noob
Former Georgia Tech Football Letterwinner (1975-1978), All-American and Georgia Tech Hall of Fame Member, has passed.

No further info. Will update later.

WreckJunkie

Varsity Lurker
Sad news. One of the first players from GT, I remember following in the NFL.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
We overlapped at Tech but I never met him. But I liked watching him play. Part of a terrific 1979 Tech draft class. Was happy when Miami drafted him.

RIP.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Sad to hear this news. He was a vey physical safety who played very well for Pepper. Pepper brought him back to play for the Memphis Showboats after his NFL career had come to an end.

donsue

Flats Noob
Former Georgia Tech Football Letterwinner (1975-1978), All-American and Georgia Tech Hall of Fame Member, has passed.

No further info. Will update later.
Always thought he was a great DB. Also just found out Doug Veazey passed in November. One of Dodd’s favorite guys, and wrote a pretty cool book; “Marching Through Georgia”….detailing his Rossville HS state title run with a lot of references to Tech and Dodd

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Any more on cause of death?
Haven't been able to find anything.

I know he had a couple of drug related arrests (cociane) the past few years. He was also one of the plaintiffs against the NFL in the CTE lawsuit which was settled in 2013. Hope it wasn't related to either of those things. Regardless . . . makes me sad.

rain

Dodd-Like
Haven't been able to find anything.

I know he had a couple of drug related arrests (cociane) the past few years. He was also one of the plaintiffs against the NFL in the CTE lawsuit which was settled in 2013. Hope it wasn't related to either of those things. Regardless . . . makes me sad.
I agree, it seems like it probably was though.
I am very saddened by his passing.