RIVALS gives our 2003 Recruiting Class a "B"

jacketguy

Damn Good Rat
A few of the comments include:

One of the best defensive back classes in the ACC

One of the best classes in the country at QB

Scott and Grant could see PT immediately

A very athletic class that will keep us on par with others in the ACC in terms of speed and ability.

Others..

NC - A+
FSU- A
MD- A
NSCT- A+
Va- A
Clemson - C

Comment about this being the strongest ACC class in recent memory..

Beware... the overall grade was a "B".. but they didnt rank them.. looks like it would be about 6th though.. Clemson had the worst grade.. and I think Duke, WF.. had B- It seems that NC may have had the best class in terms of addressing needs..

j-guy,
I had seen an earlier ranking (I don't remember which service) that had us 51st in the nation and 7th in the ACC but I wasn't sure if it was a preliminary or a final ranking.
Thanks for the info.

I saw the same info you did.. but I think it was before Scott and Moore committed... I cant really remember.. but I do remember thinking that those commits had to move us up... and at the time I knew we were ranked around 50 nationally, but it also had FSU below us at the time..

I will see what I can find...

The fact that ALL our recruits are qualified moves us up to 3rd easily.

I heard someone say that TWELVE of NCST's commits were not qualified.

If that is true they will lose half of them.

I expect similar results from NC, UVA, and MD.

I have that 4 of F$U's will not make it.

I think Rivals had us 38th before Nick Moore announced, but I haven't seen that ranking move...

Lawbee, the screw you drilled is counter sunk! Great point that our guys are in fact our guys.

Having non q's is a position I hope we visit very infrequently. Good job, coaches!!

Rivals has us listed 50th nationally

Others of interest..

Alabama 49

Nebraska 42

Ohio State 41

Maryland 32

LSU 1

Florida 2

Georgia 6

Auburn 11

Clemson 67

NC 13

NCST 7

Virginia 20

FSU 21

JG, It looks like we got hurt on the ACC grade curve.Too many ahead of us.

I think Lawbee made a great point though.. how many of the schools that graded high will actually have those recruits report to camp in August...

In my opinion, I think the recruiting "gurus" should take things one step farther... they should also include information as to whether the commit has qualified academically per that schools standards... I mean, afterall, the scholarship is not given to play football .. its given to offer an education in return for playing football..

I think academic qualification should be as much a factor in deterimining the "worth" of a recruiting class as their forty times are...

On that note, I would bet that all of ours will be in camp come August...

Back