Rod's Odds

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
Rod\'s Odds

I am not going to make predictions at this time, but after reading my first football magazine of the ACC, Lindy's, I will set my odds for winning or losing each game.

1. Brigham Young at BYU (GT65%-BYU35%) BYU on the way down.

2. Auburn at BDS (GT50-Aub50%) Auburn finds it tough coming back to BDS.

3. Florida State in Tallahassee (GT50%-FSU50%) Bobby Bowden on the way out.

4. Clemson at BDS (GT65%-CU35%) Tommy's problems continue. Shaky Clemson defense.

5. Vanderbilt at Vandy (GT55%-VU45%) Vandy shows improvement this year. Tough at home.

6. NCSU at BDS (GT45%-NCSU55%) NCSU will be tough this year. We could win with some breaks.

7. Wake Forest at WF (GT60%-WF40%) Wake has to replace 8 out of 11 on offense. If our QB play is good this year, we should win.

8. Maryland at BDS (GT40%-UM60%) It would be a huge upset if we won. Again, we would have to have some breaks. Maryland and Virginia will fight it out for first place in the league.

9. Duke at Duke (GT60%-DU40%) Duke had big problems with pass defense last year. If Tech's passing game is better, we should win. Duke and North Carolina take it on the chin this year.

10. North Carolina at BDS (GT75%-NC25%) Bunting has a lot of talent, but North Carolina and Duke are dirt this year.

11. Virginia at VU (GT35%-VU65%) Virginia has it all this year. They will be the toughest road team to beat this year.

12. UGA at BDS (GT55%-UGA45%) Tech's defense stifles UGA's offense. UGA has too many holes to plug on offense.

Rod has been known to waffle if things get out of hand early on.

grin.gif

Re: Rod\'s Odds

I think your analysis is spot on. Maryland and Virginia will probably be our toughest games.

i dunno ahso, those odds will need waffling. but we'll be fine, it won't be as bad as some people here think. we'll build a solid base.

I like the predictions...it seems that when the expectations are high, the disappointment is huge. When the outlook is bleak, things come to a suprising end!

I hope you are right, but I don't think you are being realistic. Everything would have to go perfectly for us to be s good as you think. Blbo would have to be great, a running back would have to have a big year, the defensive line and Gathers would have to come through bigtime, the kicking game would have to exceed expectations, and we could have no further academic casualties or injuries. And then we could win big if we got our share of breaks.

No matter what we predict, Tech still needs to play the game as each team must. Until the game is played, let's approach this in a positive manner. The s/a's need positive interaction and they play the game for us; shouldn't we at least be supportive of them?
I concede nothing to anyone on our schedule.
blue.gif

Back