ROLL CALL: BYU

D

Damarius

There is already a roll call on the HIVE, but I just wanted to see whos gunna be going to provo to root on the humble bumbles! I can make it beccause of School
pat.gif
but ill be in nashville, Tallahassee, and Charlottsville!

I assume all these guys who support Chan so vocally will be there because they are real Tech men and women vs those who think he should be gone. Speak out Ahso and some of you others. I am going for one.

Real GT fans support whether they go or not - did you ever stop to think how silly your comment was - a lot of folks might not be able to afford a trip to Utah or unable to get time off from work!

Let's not go out on the deep end with this support junk! GT fans come in all shapes, sizes, colors and financial backgrounds.

Gtmg, I am retired and have the time to go there. If you will provide the money for my expenses for the trip and game, I will certain go to Utah and watch them play. By the way, the expenses should cover both me and the wife.

Father Time

I will be there with my better half. I was hoping some Stingtalkers will be there since I seem to relate better to you than many of those soccer playing hivers. Anyway, where will you (whoever is going) be staying? We will be in SLC on Wednesday, drive down for the game Thursday then fly out Saturday morning. BTW, (not directed at any one individual) but Alabama brought 30,000 fans to UCLA a couple years ago to open the season. There is no way in hell the average Tech fan makes less than the average Bama fan. If you make it a priority you will make it happen. Everything worth enjoying requires some kind of sacrifice. It also makes the experience that much sweeter (think about your last promotion and how hard you worked for it). Just go out to eat one less time a week, cut your own grass one summer, pay off your car and drive it a while, etc. and make it happen (Tech games that is). As a starving graduate student I managed to scrape up enough money to fly my girlfriend and me to the '92 Baylor game and stay at a nice place in Dallas. With stipend I made 700.00 a month and had an off-campus apartment. I just do not buy the financial argument for not attending games. Just say, "it is not a high enough priority for me to support the team in person". That is not as easy to say but at least it is honest. Let me know who and where you will be in Provo.....maybe we can grab a brew.

ahso, I thought you were gonna kiss you wife one final time before that game and then not see her for about 3 months? hehe...just kidding

I've heard MsTA called a cancer who is calling who what now. You challenged Ahso, and by inference me to go and cheer. I'm going to tell you this, if my heart allows I'll be there cheering for the Jackets and CCG. So get off your hi horse and keep your pie hole shut!

Captain,

I will be there, along with 8 others. We are staying at the Provo Marriot (team HQ) for Thursday night, flying into Las Vegas for Fri and Sat at the Hard Rock.

But I am not going to get on others who may not be going to this game - I won't be attending all 12 this year myself (hopefully 3 away and all 6 home of course), so I will be missing some games as well.

Personally, I don't think the UA/UCLA analogy is as appropriate here. Yes, 'bammer sent quite a few. But UCLA is a much bigger name than BYU (not to mention that it is LA, a destination in its own right). Plus Alabamma was coming into the season with high expectations, after having beaten UCLA in Tuscaloosa the year before. (Of course we all know that what happens when the SEC plays BCS-eligible opponents OOC away from home is they lose, hence 'bamma losing to UCLA, and going down the toilet that year).

I think a more apt comparison for UA/UCLA is the game we had against Syracuse in NY in 2001. Tech had high expectations going into that year, against a good named opponent, in a metropolis. Of course, Tech brought over 25,000 to that game.

All in one idiots opinion, of course.

I_bleed-gold-white, she hates sports of any kind, but will go to games out of town just to take advantage of the trip.

I would probably spare one kiss while we were out of town.

grin.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
I_bleed-gold-white, she hates sports of any kind, but will go to games out of town just to take advantage of the trip.

I would probably spare one kiss while we were out of town.

grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's pretty good, ahso. I'm not the one to decide about kisses at my house. How did you get in the driver's seat on that issue?

oldfoggy.....to whom was your post directed? I must have missed something because I could not figure out the significance of the references to cancer and pie.

TIAR,B..thank you for your response but the only thing your argument proved is that we have a lot of fair weather fans. I hate to think that is the case so I prefer to rationalize it in other ways. Again, I appreciate your comments.

MS TA you are correct.
was planning to go but I'm on call that week so I will have to catch it on the tube
tongue.gif
drinking.gif

BellySeries, who are we trying to kid? We both know I am not in the driver's seat.

Father Time

Back