RR "too busy"

bellyseries

Dodd-Like
RamblinReck may be too busy to process new members for the Hive, but I see (thanks to LawBee) that he's not too busy to post on the FSU board, nor is he too busy to post repetitively on his own board that Hivers should ignore UGAG posters.

What's that about anyway? i thought the idea of these boards was to see what everybody has to say, good, bad, pro, con, informed, or (looking embarrased) stupid.

grin.gif

The bottom line is that he is NOT doing a good job... I have been trying to gain access for 3 months, he doesnt even answer emails ... its frustrating when I see UGA posters with access... it seems that his intent is not to do a good job.. but that he actually enjoys the control portion of his work... doesnt seem to be very team or customer service oriented.... I would hope that even he would agree that 2-3 months to gain access is ridiculous.... as I have stated before... I think this site is much better anyway... just compare some of the posts... night and day...

jacketguy, its obvious that your PO'ed about not getting on the Hive, but don't be so hard on RR. Unless the Hive is RR's full-time job, the site runs pretty well.

I don't like the fact he doesn't automate the account creation, but I think it is a form of control for him. If he automated that, every mutt from the dawgvent would be posting on the Hive and would easily outnumber the Tech people. You would have seen this in action went UGA was playing BC in the bowl game. BC's board was overrun by dawg fans. Nearly every thread was started by a dawg and the mutts were having their own conversations. So, if they do that to a team over a bowl game, what do you think would happen on the Hive on a daily basis? The dawgs that are on the board have been there for more than a few months and have shown they won't lay out too many stinky worthless baits. Most of 'em are good folks.

As for control, lets wait till this place has 5000 users, and lets see how well the moderators handle everything then.

I'm not going to pile onto RR, since I've posted on his site many times and have never had a problem. But I think that the HIVE has grown too large for one guy to maintain by himself. I also enjoy the posts over here much more. I like the layout of this site,where you are forced to read through everyone's thoughts. On the Hive, there are alot of one-liner posts and hit and run type posts. It's just not as interesting to read and I don't post there much anymore. I do lurk for info though. Then, there are too many folks over there that jump on people if they don't agree with them.
And, let's face it. Every decent football school should have more than one site to discuss sports. I've glad this place showed up. This is where I prefer to air my opinions.
grin.gif

I can't speak to anyone else's particular situation as it pertains to the Hive but my own experience has been a pleasant one. After registering on the hive a couple of years ago it was about a week after registering that I sent a second E-Mail to RR and he responded with an apology for the delay. He explained that he was behind and it was taking a while to process all
the guys that had registered. I can understand that and I hope he continues to assert some control over the applicants and the content otherwise it will get crazy. I would also like to express my feelings about Stingtalk,It is a quality board and it is very much needed. I enjoy my visits a bunch.

In RR's defense it is probably a software problem. From what I can tell he has been using the same software for 5 years.

The software we use here is state of the art. It is brand new release and we have many options that enable us to regulate or not regulate as we choose.

And it is just not an issue to upgrade b/c once you start down one system it may be next to impossible to convert it.

As has been posted on here before the "hive" is a different format than this board. It is much easier to do a quick scan on the hive. Here we have different forums that keeps everything a little more organized. Also as has been stated on this board I enjoy the hive and think that it is ran pretty well. It is a "clean" place to go and hang out with your GT friends. It is regrettable that there is a lag for user request. I hope that RR can solve the problem.

I will say this about high volume. FSU's and FL's boards probably have twice the volume of any boards. If you think about where GT is and where it wants to go BBS volume will probably increase dramtically. This is the main reason we set this site up because we felt there was a need.

As for this boards growth we had over 10,000 hits from Dec 12 to Jan 12. We are growing.

I am still waiting to be able to post on the Hive but I know my time will come. Some of the Mutt threads and posts on that board anger me and I would probably take their bait and make a fool out of myself with my response comments. I do enjoy posting here for I am able to compose my thoughts in a more rationale manner. Thanks to all who post here for it does make for enjoyable reading. Also, kudos to Admin and GTfan for their excellent work.

THWG, Up with the White and Gold

blue.gif
blue.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif

Back