RUMOR--- O'brien OUT......

law_bee

Dodd-Like
RUMOR--- O\'brien OUT......

The word is Obrien is out of running below is basic recap of where we are:

Okay...Here's the recap...final 2 choices are between two assistants that are not involved with GT's current staff. It does bode well with us keeping some members of the current staff because a new assistant does not have any people he has to bring with him. Current candidates do not have any connections with Braine. Announcement will come some time between tommorow night and sunday night.

Re: RUMOR--- O\'brien OUT......

What took him out of the running? Although at this point, based on everything I have seen.. I am sort of leaning toward Bud Foster...

Noone knows why he is out of the running. I've been SPINNING him all day telling my office what a great coach he is and NOW I am going to have to start spinning someone new.

I think it is going to be TAAFFE, but that is just pure speculation based on other (thought to be) reliable info.

I would like to get FOSTER myself but I believe they are going for an Offense guy (this is based on other info that state "interview involves the discussion that GT must run high scoring offense."

It is also rumored that the AD Board may have actually voted down Braines first choice (which was probably O'brien).

The smart money is that it will be an Off coor. if not a Head coach and that would take Foster can Strong off the list.

It could be Robinson NY Giants WR coach that played at Tech, but after looking at his BIO I would be shocked. No HC or OC'ing experience.

So after all this I conclude the Taaffe is most likely of ALL KNOWN candidates.

I like what I read about Foster... and I would love to see us get a defensive guy... but, then again... O'Leary was a defensive guy too... I want to see our defense play better...

I cant say that I would have been very happy with TOB... dont know why.. just didnt feel right for some reason...

Although I think alot of Robinson... I dont want to see him as our head coach... would like to see him back as an asst...

Either Taaffe or Foster would be fine with me... I would probably lean a little towards Taaffe.. only because of his success at The Citadel, and the fact that Friedgen would not have hired someone who didnt harbor his philosophies concerning the job... I think Taaffe probably learned a little from Friedgen as well this year... (and vice versa... )

If we got Taaffe.. and were able to keep O'Brien, Roof, Kelly, and Thompson... I would be very pleased...

You really, really do not want Foster. He is not the magic behind the Virginia Tech Defense. Besmer is the defensive genius. Beamer is the real special teams coach.

He has virtually no personality - good or bad!

Back