Rumor: Texas to offer $10 Million/year to Saban

Deke

Everybody relax, I'm here.
As much as I want to be true, I'm seeing nothing. Where are these rumblings of which you speak?

texstinger

Dodd-Like
I posted elsewhere that we have a relative that is a "researcher" at UT (read that tax supported freeloader:lol:) and he told me there is an offer out for $8.6 mill.

I don't know if Saban would want to start over at that age or not. Don't care what he does. I do think, however, he is competition crazy. Loves the idea of rebuilding one more program.

It is said by many, it would seem many smart people, that UT can double with ease any offer from any school in the country.

Ok State has T Boone, and other schools have their version(s). UT has at least 20 billionaires to draw from athletic wise. I don't know, just what someone working there tells me.

I just want to beat ugag.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
The guy I heard it from has a lot of connections with some folks that do some of the "insider" stuff and some sports talk radio.

This guy said typically these folks weren't giving the rumors any weight, but apparently something happened in the past few days to make it seem a little more credible.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
I posted elsewhere that we have a relative that is a "researcher" at UT (read that tax supported freeloader:lol:) and he told me there is an offer out for $8.6 mill.

I don't know if Saban would want to start over at that age or not. Don't care what he does. I do think, however, he is competition crazy. Loves the idea of rebuilding one more program.

It is said by many, it would seem many smart people, that UT can double with ease any offer from any school in the country.

Ok State has T Boone, and other schools have their version(s). UT has at least 20 billionaires to draw from athletic wise. I don't know, just what someone working there tells me.

I just want to beat ugag.
I know some "researchers" at Tech. Why would they know anything about the ongoings in the AA?

floridajacket

The Real DB Cooper
Saban at Alabama is much better for Tech as he sucks talent away from UGA versus sucking it away from LSU and aTm.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
first of all 3GT you need to get your facts straight

the $18.2B endowment is for the entire UT school system. of that money, UT-Austin's endowment is about $7B - much lower than the endowments of other schools

the top 20 and where UT-Austin would be:

- Harvard University, $30.4 billion
- Yale University, $19.3 billion
- University of Texas system, $18.2 billion
- Stanford University, $17 billion
- Princeton University, $16.9 billion
- MIT, $10.1 billion
- University of Michigan, $7.6 billion
- Columbia University, $6.5 billion
- Texas A&M University system, $7.6 billion
UT-AUSTIN $7.2B
- Northwestern University, $7.1 billion
- University of Pennsylvania, $6.7 billion
- University of Chicago, $6.5 billion
- University of Notre Dame, $6.3 billion
- University of California, $5.9 billion
- Duke University, $5.5 billion
- Emory University, $5.4 billion
- Washington University in St. Louis, $5.2 billion
- Cornell University, $4.9 billion
- University of Virginia, $4.7 billion
- Rice University $4.4 billion

look, there they are at #10, just below Texas A&M; Stanford has more than twice as much

now maybe you will shut up about this. if your though process were legit Stanford, Michigan, and Texas A&M could all get Saban before UT-Austin. and watch out for Duke, Cal, and Northwestern. just sleeping giants :rolleyes:
Just like a dwag to confuse these numbers with what some very rich people are willing to pay for athletics.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
If he loses a game or loses to Auburn.
He may intentionally lose to Auburn so all Alabama fans will instantly forget the multiple National Championships, remember how much better things were under Bear, and want him fired. That way, Saban gets severance and Texas pay. It is a process getting away from Alabama.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
I know some "researchers" at Tech. Why would they know anything about the ongoings in the AA?
Coz they are at GT instead of a University that wants to be the best in ALL that it endeavors? Just guessing.

JJacket

Just like a dwag to confuse these numbers with what some very rich people are willing to pay for athletics.
You are correct. Endowment is impressive to look at, but it cannot be used to satisfy any openings in the athletic department - none of that endowment is inserted into the athletic department. Even though Texas appears to be not as endowed as their neighbor, Texas A&M, where the rubber meats the road, Texas can definitely come up with the hard cash it would take to woo Saban from Alabama

BuzzCzar

Defender of the Universe
All I was doing here was directly refuting a false statement by 3GT. And if I'm a dawg then why do I have two Tech degrees and actually go to games instead of just making senile posts on a message board?

JJacket

All I was doing here was directly refuting a false statement by 3GT. And if I'm a dawg then why do I have two Tech degrees and actually go to games instead of just making senile posts on a message board?
If you are so smart, how come you don't pull for the team in Athens? They were 5 yards away from a National Championship and crystal football last season - which would look stunningly like the one we have in the edge building.