Rumor: Texas to offer $10 Million/year to Saban

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
i see some piss drinking in 3GTs future...
You seem terribly fascinated with pee drinking. Weird fetish you have there.:drinking:

I hope Saban starts winning only 3-5 games a year now with annual losses to Auburn, A&M, and LSU. Of course, it won't happen with the patsies they dot in their schedule

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
Has 3GT ever had one of his guarantees come true?

BuzzCzar

Defender of the Universe
Has 3GT ever had one of his guarantees come true?
of the ones that i recall from this year, all failed to occur

1. MD escapes the ACC, ACC collapses, GT to BigBoring
2. 13-0 Baybeeeee
3. 30 points not on average, but EVERY SINGLE GAME!
4. Nick Saban to Texas

i really think that he should be stripped of the ability to start threads. let him still post in other threads, but no more starting 20 threads about the same subject that is total BS and he never owns up to being not just wrong, but a total idiot

BuzzCzar

Defender of the Universe
From Saban:

"The way this sort of got spun, it was a little bit more like, 'OK, he got a new contract at Alabama, so he's going to stay at Alabama instead of going to Texas,'" Saban told ESPN.com on Saturday. "I never considered going to Texas. That wasn't even a conversation."

gtnc72

Dodd-Like
Mack Brown to resign, per Longhorn Network.
Saw that on ESPN during UNC-UK b'ball. Mack must have concluded it wasn't worth the aggravation at this point. Or, if forced out in the end, UT totally effed it up with leaks, etc. Mack is a class guy, and I wish him the best. And, Nick pretty well told UT and the sensation hounds what they could do with their rumors.

gtbuzz2011

Dodd-Like
Agreed - big Mack Brown fan. College football is the epitome of a "what have you done for me lately?" environment... Tuberville at Auburn, Fulmer at Tennessee, Bowden at FSU, now Brown at Texas. Not often do the "legends" get to ride into the sunset these days, and it'll probably happen with Saban before all's said and done.

If I were Mack, I'd kick back on the beach somewhere and be happy he doesn't have to deal with all of it anymore.

floridajacket

The Real DB Cooper
I guess Chip Brown was right, and he wasn't that wrong about the conference stuff either in regards to Texas. Texas actually approached both the B1G and PAC-12, and the PAC mega-conference was a real consideration, but in the end for both conferences, they weren't willing to give Texas what they were demanding. It ended up all being a good negotiation ploy for a very sweetheart Big 12 deal. Brown was also the first to say UT was staying. He was wrong about Nebrska and TAMU, but he has been accurate in regards to UT.

floridajacket

The Real DB Cooper
Agreed - big Mack Brown fan. College football is the epitome of a "what have you done for me lately?" environment... Tuberville at Auburn, Fulmer at Tennessee, Bowden at FSU, now Brown at Texas. Not often do the "legends" get to ride into the sunset these days, and it'll probably happen with Saban before all's said and done.

If I were Mack, I'd kick back on the beach somewhere and be happy he doesn't have to deal with all of it anymore.
Not that long since UT went 5-7. There is some slack, even at factories, with a new QB that season and everything, but seeing the consistency of Bama and tOSU made UT really question a lot of things.

GTJackets530

Damn Good Rat
Saw a rumor that Mack got mad at Texas for everything surrounding this, so he decided to wait until the day after Saban got a new deal to resign. That way Texas couldn't get Saban.

Would be hilarious if true.

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE

I'd argue both of those changes were for the better. Tuberville was a Chan. His subsequent performance at Texas Tech and now Cincinnati demonstrates it.

GTsapper

USVI Wreck from Georgia Tech
Mike Gundy to Texas? Kingsbury to Okie State? Chad Morris to Texas Tech?