Rumors

I am ok with Collins staying; but most of the staff should be gone. Someone needs to help Collins select a staff because he has shown he isn't good at it on his lonesome. Hopefully we can find a good coordinator who has HC potential if this doesn't work out a couple of years from now.

I am ok with Collins staying; but most of the staff should be gone. Someone needs to help Collins select a staff because he has shown he isn't good at it on his lonesome. Hopefully we can find a good coordinator who has HC potential if this doesn't work out a couple of years from now.

I've been done with Collins for a few games now. He just continues to make the same stupid gameday decision-making that shows me he's just not HC material. Forget recruiting (which he is great at) and coaching players (which he doesn't appear to be good at): Just simple time-out usage, etc he seems to really have problems with. Coaching101 stuff.

Maybe a miracle will happen and he will magically understand gameclock mgmt, etc but unless and until that happens, I'm with you: It's up to the next Coordinators.

would the new coordinators have a say so in how practice is run? Troubling reports about the lack of coaching at practice. Would dove tail with the secondary getting torched by every QB from the Pitt game on.

I've been done with Collins for a few games now. He just continues to make the same stupid gameday decision-making that shows me he's just not HC material. Forget recruiting (which he is great at) and coaching players (which he doesn't appear to be good at): Just simple time-out usage, etc he seems to really have problems with. Coaching101 stuff.

Maybe a miracle will happen and he will magically understand gameclock mgmt, etc but unless and until that happens, I'm with you: It's up to the next Coordinators.

I don't disagree with you at all; but I'm willing to put up with his poor game management for 1-2 more years for $10M+ if that is what it takes.

would the new coordinators have a say so in how practice is run? Troubling reports about the lack of coaching at practice. Would dove tail with the secondary getting torched by every QB from the Pitt game on.

Personally I wouldn't come as a coordinator unless I was given autonomy. I can't imagine an O'leary or Tenuta type putting up with Collins interrupting practice.

I’m sticking to my post from couple weeks ago, the opinion that some person(s) on staff will take the fall for the defense and maybe the OL and that’s it for one more year, maybe two.
TStan already stated the rationale - just a hand full of plays could have turned 3-4 games our way. NIU, Clemson, Miami go the other way and we’re 6-6 and bowling.
If TStan doesn’t have strong support for this narrative, both from President Cabrera and major donors, then IMO he’s really on thin ice. Would be interesting to know how much leverage TStan has to force changes on CGC.
The definition of turnaround might be just 6 wins though, maybe not enough to get fans back in the stands. CGC benefits from a puny measuring stick (comparison to other ACC programs that also suck).

If he pulls a Dabo, fires Thacker and PDope and lets the next coordinators call their own plays....frankly that's his only shot IMO.
He’s got to let them dictate how practices are run, too. This everyone gets a rep, even the 7th string walk on long snapper, who is also being cross trained as the 8th string DE, stupidity must end.

Back