Running Back Questions

Father WASP

Flats Noob
Hopefully, the references to Hollings participating in spring practice refer to conditioning, not contact. Don't want to prejudge without all the facts, but when I read he would be particpating I immediately thought someone had to be out of their mind. Tony proved what he can do, the starting job should be his alone to start 03, and he needs to do nothing apart from watching to keep up with the mental and rehabing the knee.

Please let us know if anyone has facts.

Next question. What is our offensive philosophy? I fear that BOB tutored under the Fridge, and over time we continue to try to do things that we can't. When Friedgen was here we used the Tight End and Fullback much more. Since we no longer have a Wilder, or a fullback per se anymore, I believe we put more pressure on the remainder of the playbook because we've ripped that piece out of it.

As for the running back situation, I can't get real excited about recruiting credentials, until we understand the behind the scenes facts regarding Dixon. What I'm referring to is this. Guys like Clinkscale proved they can contribute if given a chance. Vs. Fresno, Ace broke loose and happened to fumble. No different than the Bilbo interceptions, this was a simple mistake, but I noticed he was yanked. This kid looked like he was ready for a big day. Is he relegated to the doghouse now? Another mystery is Dixon. This kid was All-State and Player of year in Texas. We were desperate for runners and he never saw the field. Except for the spring, I never get to see practice, but from everything I see and hear he is a good kid who can play. Instead we inserted Sampson, and no knock cause I'm sure he was giving his all, but at 170 lbs. I was concerned for his safety.

Information would be helpful.

We need a big, bruising fullback to lead block if Hollings stands a chance at tailback. I have no idea who they intend to try there if Jackson is still out.

The article in the Macon paper (much more believable than the AUC) it says he hopes to participate in "some" of spring drills. I'm like you, I can't imagine a need for him to get hit and would be shocked if that's what they are thinking. Most likely he will be testing the leg to see how it's come along and participating in non-contact drills.

As far as ACE in the bowl game. I don't think he got into the doghouse, I just don't think we really ran the ball after that.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Hollings in spring. I don't believe anyone knows at this point where he'll be come spring as far as him being ready. Feel like you it will be more of a conditioning team aspect more than anything.

For the record Clinkscales had been injured until this last year. Great story that ended sadly with him tearing his ACL. Love that guy!

Dixon and Ace are both too slow to play TB.Both would make excellent FBs--big,tough and can run. I dont have any facts or times to support those statements, just my opinion based on watching them last season. Take this to the bank: Hollings will NOT see contact this spring

Back