Russell Athletics renews contract with Georgia Tech University!

BEESerk

Flats Noob
In an official press release, Russell announces that "Coach" Braine has renewed the contract to provide mediocre quality clothing and athletic gear through 2008 for the Yellow Jackets of Georgia Tech University.

I fully expect to see "Coach" displaying his pride in closing this deal by making all future public apperances with the latest fashions from Russell. He certainly will have a wide variety of colors to choose from in their lineup:

-Old Gold
-Orange Gold
-Metallic Gold
-Brown Gold
-Cheddar Gold
-Yellow

Good thing this is a lucrative deal for us, as we have a lot of unsold premium seats to pay for.

pat.gif
pat.gif

it is pretty lame when the official athletic gear provider comes out in their press release and states they are proud to be associated with Georgia Tech University.

i just hope i don't see any merchandize with Georgia Tech University on it.

yeah, we need all the money we can get to pay for our stadium expansion. that is just reality, especially in the light that alumni make *pledges* to support the expansion and then plan to renege on it.

BTW...
There was an article recently I saw somewhere with DB telling people to get the name right....

I think that rough tough Clough is partially to blame. I think he would prefer this name since he seems to want to make GT a liberal arts school.

Originally posted by Mark:
BTW...
There was an article recently I saw somewhere with DB telling people to get the name right....

I think that rough tough Clough is partially to blame. I think he would prefer this name since he seems to want to make GT a liberal arts school.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">i'll be jumping up and down with joy if Clough manages to introduce a few liberal arts majors at Tech.

i'd LOVE to see some majors like sports administration and health and exercise science be offered.

maybe a tie in with another school like GSU which allows something like this to happen.

i like the Rough Tough Clough moniker! the guy presided over a fund drive that raised almost 3 quarters of a BILLION dollars for tech.

fundsraised1231.gif

Originally posted by Mark:
BTW...

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">First page of the media guide has the request to get the name right. It's in a little black box.
GT, GIT&lt; TECH, not GTU. Aren't Russell's main offices in Alabama??

Alexander City AL if memory serves me right. Limestone and Marble country over there...

Keep an eye out on the other board for an apology letter from Rod McGeachy, Vice President, Marketing, Russell Athletic.

What other division 1A schools don't have "University" in the name. I know us and Boston College, but I think there are about 3 or so more.

Originally posted by JJacket:
What other division 1A schools don't have "University" in the name. I know us and Boston College, but I think there are about 3 or so more.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">total of 5

Georgia Institute of Technology
Boston College
Airforce
Army
Navy

Originally posted by ramblinwise1:
Alexander City AL if memory serves me right. Limestone and Marble country over there...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You are correct, sir. Russell has had the Auburn contract for decades.

There's a large marble quarry about 30 miles away in Sylacauga and more rednecks than you can shake a stick at....

Originally posted by Downeastjacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ramblinwise1:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You are correct, sir. Russell has had the Auburn contract for decades.

There's a large marble quarry about 30 miles away in Sylacauga and more rednecks than you can shake a stick at....
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Awbun has some of the best looking unis in college football, IMHO.

Belly, Auburn hasn't changed their uni's since the '60s!!! What's so groovy/mod/rad about them?

Someone please correct me if I am
wrong, but at one time wasn't there
a monetary connection between GT and
Russell Sportswear?

Or possbily an Alumni connection?

I for one would like to see the AA
explore switching to Nike or even
possbily Reebokk.

Having a son that played for the
Air Force Falcons, I can tell you
from experience that Air Force uniforms
were and are very spiffy.

And also they offer a much more variety
of team items. ie; shirts, caps, jackets,
and many more items.

Coach Deberry and his AA were contracted
to Reebokk, now they are contracted to Nike.

I would just like to see a little more
diversity in our team's offerings.

Back