Saban is such a scumbag

Of course he did. They all left. He can trash the departures to make his remaining staff look comparatively better, strictly so he can keep selling the current state of his program to recruits. It's an easy way to tell a 5* quarterback that what happened last year was last year and won't happen again soon.

He's not wrong. It's the part of college football that I hate. In the middle of the bowl season, coaches (head and assistants) are lobbying and interviewing for other positions. Their heads aren't in the game at hand. Even worse is when a coach leaves before the bowl game. Frustrating as a fan.

The lack of consistency in Saban's supporting staff is definitely having an impact on the team's performance.

He's not wrong. It's the part of college football that I hate. In the middle of the bowl season, coaches (head and assistants) are lobbying and interviewing for other positions. Their heads aren't in the game at hand. Even worse is when a coach leaves before the bowl game. Frustrating as a fan.

The lack of consistency in Saban's supporting staff is definitely having an impact on the team's performance.

A lot of truth to that. Notice how dominant his defenses were when he was first there compared to the last four years. Continuity is the key and that is something that has been missing in T-town.

There's some truth in there.

There's also this:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2705288

Apparently his smugness runs deep with his players ( and their SEC homerism/bias).

According to LB Dylan Moses, the dwags were the hardest team Bama faced last year, despite getting their öööö pushed in by Clemmons.

Comments on that tweet are GOLD though.

Apparently his smugness runs deep with his players ( and their SEC homerism/bias).

According to LB Dylan Moses, the dwags were the hardest team Bama faced last year, despite getting their öööö pushed in by Clemmons.

I roflcopter'd

I wonder what Texas thinks?

Not being prepared for the biggest game of the season is quite an interesting and damning way to rationalize getting pummeled. Reminds me of this sketch:

I wonder what Texas thinks?
bevo-mascot-vs-uga-mascot-V2-WP.jpg

All of the SEC is still butthurt:

So, six months later, acceptance of what happened seems to still be a work in progress for the Tide. And the SEC office. On page 51 of the league’s media guide, it lists Alabama’s 2018 record as “14-0.” As if that last game never really happened.

So much butthurt.

All of the SEC is still butthurt:

So much butthurt.
To be fair, Bammer's 2018 record is 14-0, they lost to Clemmons in 2019.

Edit: The media guide is still wrong; Bammer's record for the entire year of 2018 is actually 16-0, counting all games Bammer played in 2018.

Maybe we can debate the meaning of "2018 record" with our resident semantics experts in the dungeon.

It´s not happening at Clemson, and it´s not because they don´t have plenty of guys that could get other jobs. This ¨problem¨ is much bigger for Bama than other schools, and I think it ultimately falls on the head coach.

It´s not happening at Clemson, and it´s not because they don´t have plenty of guys that could get other jobs. This ¨problem¨ is much bigger for Bama than other schools, and I think it ultimately falls on the head coach.
Give it time. Clemson had just recently had Bama-level success.

I imagine he is a hard person to work for. No denying he is a great college coach. But, we saw in the NFL, when everyone has talent, what happened.

He demands perfection. Some people just don't live up to his standards. I know he wants to make everyone better but you can only motivate people so far.

Last edited:
Back