Sam Williams to GT!!!

Not to be negative but this won't be in the hot breaking news of southern football and probably doesn't deserve 3 exclamation points.let me know when K Scott signs up.

Certx55 ... totally agree. If he's anything like Kelly was on the defensive side of the ball - watch out!

Glad you weren't being negative! That must be a sight to behold.

Not to be negative but this won't be in the hot breaking news of southern football and probably doesn't deserve 3 exclamation points.let me know when K Scott signs up.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I was going to respond to that - but it is such a stupid post, there is no way to respond intelligently. If you don't like what Gailey is doing - fine; have the cajones to tell him personally. But don't use a public forum to take it out on the guys who sign up to play for us.

Originally posted by certx55:
Hopefully Mr Williams can have an impact during his 4 years at GT...but if not its still good to open up the ole pipeline....we need more atlanta kids on the team
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Lets face it...there is no such thing as a pipeline from city of Atlanta schools except for schools that take non-Q's. 4 out of 5 simply cannot get the test score...and have not received the proper teaching for 12 years.

Originally posted by AlaGold:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">the number of quotation marks used to inform people when someone commits to Tech should be equal to the number of stars the recruit receives from the heralded recruiting services

no stars =&gt; no exclamation marks
1 star =&gt; 1 exclamation mark
2 star =&gt; 2 exclamation marks

you get the drift.

incredible, the thought process of some people here is.

Originally posted by hiveredtech:
Lets face it...there is no such thing as a pipeline from city of Atlanta schools except for schools that take non-Q's. 4 out of 5 simply cannot get the test score...and have not received the proper teaching for 12 years.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I dont know where you are getting this 4 out of 5 stuff. The BEST schools in the state are in the Atlanta/Marietta area. To discount 80% of the kids is off the mark.

to avoid atlanta means you are not in-state recruiting

Hopefully Mr Williams can have an impact during his 4 years at GT...but if not its still good to open up the ole pipeline....we need more atlanta kids on the team

Where do you get the idea that the best schools in the state are in Atlanta? Are you talking about private schools? Are you talking about the Atlanta metropolitan "area"?

I would think that the "inner" city schools of Atlanta tend to struggle academically just like the "inner" city schools of most large cities.

If you are talking about some of the suburban schools in some of the wealthier pockets around Atlanta, you may have a slight point on a few schools.

If the best schools were in Atlanta, GT would be going after these kids big time for years and years already.

Well im talking about getting AT LEAST 3 or 4 Atlanta (and surrounding areas) kids to Tech every year, not fill the whole team...We can get at least 2 or 3 in......4 out of 5????....well we'll have to start recruiting that one that can get in again....I think you're underestimating the students in that area since Stanford (among other teams) has had more success recently in ATL than we have

Getwrecked,
I have just as much right in this public forum as anyone to
merely express that I don't have to get overly excited about a basically unknown guy.A guy who is so unknown that he doesn't even show up on the Hive database and wasn't on the weekend recruit list.He could be a fine player but it is a little disturbing when there are many well-known guys discussed ad nauseum who are not being recruited.
btw-the next time YOU are personally with CG on the golf course or wherever(since I don't get to tell him much personally),that you are doing your part in rationalizing 51-7.

you're absolutely right AlaGold .. you have as much of a right to make a complete fool of yourself on a public forum as any of us.

good job

Back